Nuhiu

I like Atdhe - a lot

He does make a difference and I welcome and appreciate his contribution whenever he's called upon

I honestly believe he just needs that elusive competitive goal to get the monkey, and many here on Owlstalk, off his back

... not sure about the starting XI though  :ph34r:

Go on Jon. One or two RANCID posters taking the bait. Same old faces when big Dave's name is mentioned. Love it. Pile it on son, get that ground bait going. There taking the lot, hook, line and sinker. 

13 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Go on Jon. One or two RANCID posters taking the bait. Same old faces when big Dave's name is mentioned. Love it. Pile it on son, get that ground bait going. There taking the lot, hook, line and sinker. 

Worst thing is this is a genuine correct opinion and the Nuhiu haters can't stand it.

2 hours ago, Jon Newsome said:

For me he should be the first striker on the team sheet, it's a fact we score more goals when he's in the team and think he'd be brilliant with Hooper/Rhodes. 

I agree mate. Rhodes scores when he's got a big lad playing alongside him. That's how to get the best out of Rhodes. Didn't they play together for the last half hour against Bolton this season in the cup? 

10 minutes ago, Tudders said:

I agree mate. Rhodes scores when he's got a big lad playing alongside him. That's how to get the best out of Rhodes. Didn't they play together for the last half hour against Bolton this season in the cup? 

Indeed, he comes on and we get 2 goals and create a shed load of chances. 

I've been to a few games where he's lumbered on as sub and it's often quite comical listening to other people's remarks. 

Didn't a manager from some club or other praise him last season with a sort of " we just couldn't handle the big fella up front, he was the difference " quote? Can't remember who it was now.

One of his down sides is that the ref's are always pinging him just because he's big. He will win a ball fair and square, whether it's on the floor or in the air and the ref will give a free kick against him... seen that happen loads of times.

3 hours ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

He creates a lot more space while he's on the pitch and we seem to create more chances, it's no coincidence that we score more goals with him in the team IMO. 

Hes also a massive pole of a man with the mobility of a large shed and the goal scoring record of my cat. Hes a good striker to swap when we want an extra dude in the box to defend corners or hold the ball up, but he brings nothing else.