Sign in to follow this  
Jon Newsome

Nuhiu

For me he should be the first striker on the team sheet, it's a fact we score more goals when he's in the team and think he'd be brilliant with Hooper/Rhodes. 

I don't mind Nuhiu as a bloke but league 1 player really.

Only reason he has probably not gone to someone like Bristol Rovers or Doncaster is that they can nowhere near match wages he is on at Wednesday.

He creates a lot more space while he's on the pitch and we seem to create more chances, it's no coincidence that we score more goals with him in the team IMO. 

OP the fishing season has been open for ages. You should catch a few today.

Edited by prowl

9 minutes ago, prowl said:

OP the fishing season has been open for ages. Is this your first try to catch a net full?

No wind up just speaking the truth. 

20 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

For me he should be the first striker on the team sheet, it's a fact we score more goals when he's in the team and think he'd be brilliant with Hooper/Rhodes. 

Go on then I'll bite, so Nuhiu should be above Fletcher/Fessi and to a lesser extent Joao in the pecking order? All three would offer more goal threat than Nuhiu, to be fair a cardboard cut out of Nuhiu would offer more of a goal threat lol

25 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

lol

Nuhiu is a much better footballer than some think, he gets stick because he doesn't score enough goals. 

Maybe a go in midfield might benefit everyone.

He played a lot first season and got the best out of Fessi.... Just saying.

16 minutes ago, Jon Newsome said:

He creates a lot more space while he's on the pitch and we seem to create more chances, it's no coincidence that we score more goals with him in the team IMO. 

I'm so pleased someone else can see this.  One of my old managers once said to me 'you'll never score lots of goals but you always create for others by knocking defenders around' 

that's why he picked a gangly 6'3'' lump pretty much every week

Team effort

Just now, Mr Soul said:

I'm so pleased someone else can see this.  One of my old managers once said to me 'you'll never score lots of goals but you always create for others by knocking defenders around' 

that's why he picked a gangly 6'3'' lump pretty much every week

Team effort

Definitely, we are far too one dimensional without Nuhiu in the side and easy to defend against. Adthe won't score many but his presence on the pitch will create plenty, the first season Carlos was here he was a pretty consistent fixture in the team and we scored a lot of goals.

1 minute ago, Jon Newsome said:

Definitely, we are far too one dimensional without Nuhiu in the side and easy to defend against. Adthe won't score many but his presence on the pitch will create plenty, the first season Carlos was here he was a pretty consistent fixture in the team and we scored a lot of goals.

We don't score enough as it is so if one of the few chances we presently are creating falls to him I can safely say he will miss it based on historical evidence - his time at the club should be over and not even any where near even a bench slot. George Hirst should be getting blooded and given exposure each week to Championship football. Big Dave is a proven failure at this level time to go.

1 minute ago, soldierboyblue said:

We don't score enough as it is so if one of the few chances we presently are creating falls to him I can safely say he will miss it based on historical evidence - his time at the club should be over and not even any where near even a bench slot. George Hirst should be getting blooded and given exposure each week to Championship football. Big Dave is a proven failure at this level time to go.

But the chances are unlikely to fall to him that's exactly the point. Hooper, Fletcher and Rhodes are there to feed off the confusion he would create on the edge of the box 

5 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Well that's the point, he comes in the team we create more chances. 

15 minutes ago, robowl4life said:

Sounds a lot like Neil... 

Neil was quicker than Newsome lol 

Well that's me sold 

get him in the side