September 4th 1867

34 minutes ago, Buggleskellie. said:

No prob , I know theirs a few oldies out there that might appreciate it .......:tango::stuwinky:

Correct. Remember the 4 match away ban after the Oldham riot. Was part of the 200 at Swansea that day knowing somebody with a Cardiff address, the other games being far easier to obtain tickets. The Kop roof being built, I used to pop down every week during the summer seeing the different stages and just thinking WOW this is gonna create some noise. Although in the 50 + years of watching Wednesday the majority of the time on the pitch its been pretty dire, off the pitch the history of the club, fan devotion, comeradere and passion by the fans is unmatched in my opinion. So proud to be a wednesdayite.

1 hour ago, Mountain Owl said:

Correct. Remember the 4 match away ban after the Oldham riot. Was part of the 200 at Swansea that day knowing somebody with a Cardiff address, the other games being far easier to obtain tickets. The Kop roof being built, I used to pop down every week during the summer seeing the different stages and just thinking WOW this is gonna create some noise. Although in the 50 + years of watching Wednesday the majority of the time on the pitch its been pretty dire, off the pitch the history of the club, fan devotion, comeradere and passion by the fans is unmatched in my opinion. So proud to be a wednesdayite.

We were lucky in many ways , the great camaraderie to and from matches & packed in grounds like sardines ( john west :biggrin:)  & swaying around & when we scored ( sheltons overhead at Newcastle) ending up anywhere etc. the kids don't know what they missed :baby: