Swfc world record cake

4 minutes ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

That guy stroking his chin in the photo looks like he's wondering where the head has gone off the Wednesday Xmas snowman

Can't say that these days it may be gender neutral

3 hours ago, vulva said:

The bloke stroking his chin has just realised that his glittering catering career is at a crossroads.

I think it was at a crossroads when he was asked to make the cake, and he's now reflecting on the direction he chose. Somewhere in the US, Cake Boss sleeps soundly.

Only just seen this thread so thought I would add my story as I was actually witness to this bizarre event!

Was wandering around the park as it started raining and heard an announcement from the stage mention that a massive cake had been made in the south stand

On the possiblity of free cake and happy to get out of the rain I dragged the Mrs over and into south stand reception where this security guard/steward said "cakes through there" pointing through to the south stand concourse and of all things a queue!

To my shame I joined the queue thinking 5 minutes and well be inside (1867 room I think it's called)  20 minutes later and finally get let in by which time I'm questioning what I was in a queue for, to just see a cake or eat some? 

Anyway  when were finally in the room the 20 odd people in front of us were munching away on slices of cake been passed over by the chef/bakers. I had 2 slices and got to say it was nice!

At this point I got to see the cake ball which was just incredible and the pictures hardly do it justice! It was kind of bulbous and lopsided with cake sort of bulging out in different areas and I think the people sat down were taking a break but probably also mesmerized by it.

Then the big man himself Mr C popped in and I swear he shook his head when he saw and then quickly left after having a couple of photos with fans etc. 

Finally and what made my day was when one of the chefs started slicing away at the front of the cake ball after exhausting the top section and as you will have seen it just collapsed and went all over the carpet while everyone cheered.

Here's my pic pre collapse and Im still chuckling about it now! 

20170903_161858.jpg

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, owl1981 said:

Only just seen this thread so thought I would add my story as I was actually witness to this bizarre event!

Was wandering around the park as it started raining and heard an announcement from the stage mention that a massive cake had been made in the south stand

On the possiblity of free cake and happy to get out of the rain I dragged the Mrs over and into south stand reception where this security guard/steward said "cakes through there" pointing through to the south stand concourse and of all things a queue!

To my shame I joined the queue thinking 5 minutes and well be inside (1867 room I think it's called)  20 minutes later and finally get let in by which time I'm questioning what I was in a queue for, to just see a cake or eat some? 

Anyway  when were finally in the room the 20 odd people in front of us were munching away on slices of cake been passed over by the chef/bakers. I had 2 slices and got to say it was nice!

At this point I got to see the cake ball which was just incredible and the pictures hardly do it justice! It was kind of bulbous and lopsided with cake sort of bulging out in different areas and I think the people sat down were taking a break but probably also mesmerized by it.

Then the big man himself Mr C popped in and I swear he shook his head when he saw and then quickly left after having a couple of photos with fans etc. 

Finally and what made my day was when one of the chefs started slicing away at the front of the cake ball after exhausting the top section and as you will have seen it just collapsed and went all over the carpet while everyone cheered.

Here's my pic pre collapse and Im still chuckling about it now! 

20170903_161858.jpg

Incredible.

What a truly classic SWFC moment. You couldn't write the story any better. It is all so strange. 

I bet DC lost some serious face when he saw it, not to mention the kit fiasco too. :star:

• Like 1