*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

40 minutes ago, thekimmyowl said:

What an absolute embarrassing mess this is, we have totally ballsed up this 150 year celebration 

im sure DC is busting a nut over this but he has certainly been let down 

Give over. Ever heard of the company making these shirts? Nope, course you haven't.

This is what happens when you take a cheap gamble like DC has. You get what you pay for.

He has to take responsibility for this. I'm sure he has been let down and others are involved too but it stops at him.

Now I expect a load of comments saying I hate DC, want him out etc etc

4 minutes ago, poite said:

Give over. Ever heard of the company making these shirts? Nope, course you haven't.

This is what happens when you take a cheap gamble like DC has. You get what you pay for.

He has to take responsibility for this. I'm sure he has been let down and others are involved too but it stops at him.

Now I expect a load of comments saying I hate DC, want him out etc etc

Hahaha you aren't allowed to say it as it is on here !

absolutely farcical situation to be in ... especially in our 150th anniversary year ..

To be fair, i know DC had his hands tied when the other company stiffed us with making the kit however this really should have been decided and steps put in place many months ago .. and i'm taking early last season so that any foreseeable issues could be bypassed.

I honestly cannot believe that both our home and away kit and our fans designed kit will not be available in to early September .. and will no doubt be charged at top dollar prices

1 minute ago, Hack-Abusi said:

absolutely farcical situation to be in ... especially in our 150th anniversary year ..

To be fair, i know DC had his hands tied when the other company stiffed us with making the kit however this really should have been decided and steps put in place many months ago .. and i'm taking early last season so that any foreseeable issues could be bypassed.

I honestly cannot believe that both our home and away kit and our fans designed kit will not be available in to early September .. and will no doubt be charged at top dollar prices

Dc is to blame for being a cheap skate. We should have just gone with a decent known brand like every other team, or even kept with somdico. Instead we are stuck with two of the most cheap vile shirts ever designed that aren't even available for sale . The way the club is run is baffling at times 

44 minutes ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Fuming??!! He's in bloody charge! He's decided to take things into his own hands and made a complete pigs ear of it- no one to blame but himself.

I thought I read that the original company pulled a bait-and-switch regarding the production costs, and we found another supplier rather than give in.

1 hour ago, RUMBELOWS91 said:

Let down my arse- it was a stupid decision in the first place. There's a reason hardly any clubs go down this route.

I said this at a steering group meeting when the idea was first mooted, if it was so easy then why don't most clubs do this rather than lining the pockets of the big brands? The consensus was that the quality and supply from our recent partners had been so poor that it was worth a go.....