*BREAKING* - SWFC CLUB STATEMENT RE THE NEW KIT

3 hours ago, handworth52 said:

How much is it these days to pay club for your child to be mascot? I was quoted  around £475 around 2 years ago , didn't pay it rip off.

£200 + VAT standard package 

can't remember exact price but think VIP package somewhere round £700

23 hours ago, Grandad said:

Only read 3 pages and want to be sick

Infact I'm completely sick of all this.

This is what happens when you run a large company as a dictatorship. You don't trust people to make decisions. People need to stop blaming people at the club, in the commercial department, Joe Palmer.

Every decision at the club, EVERY DECISION, is made by the Chairman. Every decision. That's why the training ground isn't finished, that's why we've sold a handful of executive boxes, that's why we've launched a scheme to lend him some money, that's why we have no shirt sponsor, that's why only a handful of local companies now sponsor us, that's why we've sold less than half the available tickets for Monday's celebration, that's why we're the most expensive club in the league to watch, that's why other clubs fans are boycotting us, that's why some loyal fans can no longer attend, that's why we are playing in Ipswich kits and that's why we look like we may be on the verge of an embargo under FFP.

But hey. You guys carry on clapping. You get what you deserve. 

Can't plus this post or agree with it enough.

Long post alert: 

First off let me state that I think Chansiri has the best of intentions for the club. If he was purely in it to get us promoted to the Prem then hoover money out before selling us on for a huge profit he wouldn't have changed the badge, the kit, held steering group meetings or even set up that weird hardship fund when he realised how many fans couldn't afford the tickets. He's not a Mike Ashley type. But at the end of the day, it's an ego trip for him and we'd do well not to forget it sometimes.

It seems to be common knowledge that Chansiri wants a large amount of input (i.e. he interferes) at every level of the club. Perhaps that is a contributing factor to Carlos sticking around where other Championship chairmen would have pulled the trigger. He's an easy going type, given a massive break in English football by us so is probably fairly happy to acquiesce to Chansiri having a greater level of control in transfers dealings than other managers at this level would tolerate. We may not like them, but can you imagine Neil Warnock or Mick McCarthy tolerating DC ringing up the agents he's mates with and coming up with some pretty random players to sign for us? They'd tell him to stuff it and be out the door.

But at the end of the day Carlos is still responsible for the on the pitch results. Off the pitch it's a whole different story, which DC is directly responsible for and frankly, it's farcical. Fans were always going to allow DC a bit of leeway - he's pumped money into us and is new to English football so has earned himself some immunity from criticism in case of a rocky start. This even extended to the fanbase largely sticking with him when he ramped up the ticket prices to levels that I think are disgusting and have totally squandered the chance we had to decisively win over the majority of Sheffield youngsters to the blue half of the city.

But this 150th anniversary was an open goal for him - a load of positive PR and attention for the club, some nice events for the fans to remember and a good vibe around the team that would hopefully manifest itself on the pitch too. Instead what are we going to remember it for? A load of Rangers fans with a few Blunts mixed in smashing up the North Stand, a mediocre kit without any stripes on that nobody could even sodding buy, a transfer window where the main theme seemed to be mounting concern that Chansiri has flown us too close to the sun financially and an utterly indifferent set of results on the pitch. The last part isn't really his fault, but as for the rest, I'm afraid after two years of his ownership he ought to be doing a hell of a lot better.

The same basic mistakes from Mandaric's time are still here and we've even managed to add some new ones. The shop is still crap if not even worse than before, the same goes for the catering, nobody buys executive boxes anymore and we've now blundered off into some totally ill-advised experiment with sourcing our own kits that has predictably turned out to be a total disaster. 

Are the wheels falling off? No. Win a few games including the derbies against United and Leeds and we'll all probably be far happier, but episodes like this remind me why I never fall for the Chansiri love in as some others do. He's far from my dream owner - that will forever be a Supporter's Trust, but sadly with football the way it is at present I just don't think it's going to be possible in the near future.

• Thanks 2

If a shirt is anymore than £40 then they don't deserve to sell any IMO! Altho I thank DC for what he has done...he's running the club very badly...his approach is wrong...he employed people (who knew the trade) to run the club, and over ruled them all...which is why they have gone! We are a shambles at the moment!

On 03/09/2017 at 01:02, Groundhopping Owl said:

Can't plus this post or agree with it enough.

Long post alert: 

First off let me state that I think Chansiri has the best of intentions for the club. If he was purely in it to get us promoted to the Prem then hoover money out before selling us on for a huge profit he wouldn't have changed the badge, the kit, held steering group meetings or even set up that weird hardship fund when he realised how many fans couldn't afford the tickets. He's not a Mike Ashley type. But at the end of the day, it's an ego trip for him and we'd do well not to forget it sometimes.

It seems to be common knowledge that Chansiri wants a large amount of input (i.e. he interferes) at every level of the club. Perhaps that is a contributing factor to Carlos sticking around where other Championship chairmen would have pulled the trigger. He's an easy going type, given a massive break in English football by us so is probably fairly happy to acquiesce to Chansiri having a greater level of control in transfers dealings than other managers at this level would tolerate. We may not like them, but can you imagine Neil Warnock or Mick McCarthy tolerating DC ringing up the agents he's mates with and coming up with some pretty random players to sign for us? They'd tell him to stuff it and be out the door.

But at the end of the day Carlos is still responsible for the on the pitch results. Off the pitch it's a whole different story, which DC is directly responsible for and frankly, it's farcical. Fans were always going to allow DC a bit of leeway - he's pumped money into us and is new to English football so has earned himself some immunity from criticism in case of a rocky start. This even extended to the fanbase largely sticking with him when he ramped up the ticket prices to levels that I think are disgusting and have totally squandered the chance we had to decisively win over the majority of Sheffield youngsters to the blue half of the city.

But this 150th anniversary was an open goal for him - a load of positive PR and attention for the club, some nice events for the fans to remember and a good vibe around the team that would hopefully manifest itself on the pitch too. Instead what are we going to remember it for? A load of Rangers fans with a few Blunts mixed in smashing up the North Stand, a mediocre kit without any stripes on that nobody could even sodding buy, a transfer window where the main theme seemed to be mounting concern that Chansiri has flown us too close to the sun financially and an utterly indifferent set of results on the pitch. The last part isn't really his fault, but as for the rest, I'm afraid after two years of his ownership he ought to be doing a hell of a lot better.

The same basic mistakes from Mandaric's time are still here and we've even managed to add some new ones. The shop is still crap if not even worse than before, the same goes for the catering, nobody buys executive boxes anymore and we've now blundered off into some totally ill-advised experiment with sourcing our own kits that has predictably turned out to be a total disaster. 

Are the wheels falling off? No. Win a few games including the derbies against United and Leeds and we'll all probably be far happier, but episodes like this remind me why I never fall for the Chansiri love in as some others do. He's far from my dream owner - that will forever be a Supporter's Trust, but sadly with football the way it is at present I just don't think it's going to be possible in the near future.

Good post and some really interesting points

You're right about the 150th being an open goal. They could have done soooooo much for the fans this year

Owlstalk Shop

On 02/09/2017 at 09:01, the monk said:

One of the funniest threads ever

I didn't realise how many drama queens we had.

"On our 150th aniversary" sob sob

" I wanted to buy one at owls in the park"

Sniff sniff

" those nasty men with guns will be round in 7 months forcing me to buy yet another kit" squeal 

Funny thing is I went for a pint or 2 last night , the kit scandal never got a mention  

Perhaps it's because we were all over 16

I think possibly you are missing the point what many posters are trying to put across.

Its just the impact in the future that is spoiling everything ..

The younger fans or fathers of young owls are impacted because they aren't able to buy a prized possession for themselves or their kids, the older fans (like myself and surely when you think about it, you as well) are questioning this entire kit debacle because it shows a complete and utter shambles because of DC's firm grip on quality control, missed opportunities in relation to fully maximising revenue and increasing fan base, excitement around the club and the Sheffield Wednesday brand and not making us look like some struggling Sunday league pub team that can't sort out a kit.

This is our 150th anniversary year and hey, I know, you know, we all know, that this could have been an amazing summer with a kit for sale, couple of signings, and an amazing buzz about the club this summer/pre-season and carry that in to the season .. but it is all a bit deflated at the moment ...

Edited by Hack-Abusi

1 hour ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I think possibly you are missing the point what many posters are trying to put across.

Its just the impact in the future that is spoiling everything ..

The younger fans or fathers of young owls are impacted because they aren't able to buy a prized possession for themselves or their kids, the older fans (like myself and surely when you think about it, you as well) are questioning this entire kit debacle because it shows a complete and utter shambles because of DC's firm grip on quality control, missed opportunities in relation to fully maximising revenue and increasing fan base, excitement around the club and the Sheffield Wednesday brand and not making us look like some struggling Sunday league pub team that can't sort out a kit.

This is our 150th anniversary year and hey, I know, you know, we all know, that this could have been an amazing summer with a kit for sale, couple of signings, and an amazing buzz about the club this summer/pre-season and carry that in to the season .. but it is all a bit deflated at the moment ...

Totally agree with your points fella.

Firstly as a dad to two young boys, one who is five, desperately wants a football kit. As a dad I want to get him one. I would love to pop down the megastore with them both and purchase two. I'm really not arsed about one. But I would like my kids to have one. (Must be be a dad thing)

Secondly we could be having an ace time re the 150,think, just think of the stuff the club could have done with the swfc community (charity events, perhaps 150 swfc related record attempts, smaller meals with ex players.) instead we are here taking the wee wee and moaning.

Edited by Maddogbob

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

They were selling some home shirts for £27 other day though these had slight faults, ie pulls in material.

Bought myself a bargain faulty shirt for £19.99.

It's only got one arm hole, but if I break my left arm or it falls off at any point I'll be laughing 

• Haha 5

On 01/09/2017 at 20:03, cross owl said:

kits_ia.jpg

During meetings with the chairman and senior club officials at the Supporters Steering Group meeting and open fans’ forum last month, a full debate took place regarding issues with the production of the Owls’ 2017/18 replica strip.

Further to those discussions, it is with regret that the club must inform supporters that the anticipated delivery schedule of kits for the end of August/beginning of September has not been met.

Consequently, there will be no sales at this weekend’s Owls in the Park event as the club had hoped for.

We have been given assurances that the delivery is expected within the month and as soon as we have further information regarding the release date we will announce full details.

We completely understand fans’ disappointment over this issue and can assure all supporters that those frustrations are shared by the club.

Your patience is appreciated and we sincerely hope that the situation is resolved in as timely a fashion as possible.

Might get it for Christmas :ghoulguy:

So it's the "Supporters Steering Group's" fault is it?

Fancy winding everybody up over a little thing like this. It's our 150th anniversary for heavens sake, it's not like we've had ages to plan it, is it?

Can you still buy the late 60s early 70s retro shirts for half the price?

My granny says she can knock me a home shirt up in next to no time using a blue T-shirt a white T-shirt and a club badge. (She says the other bits can also be sewn together to come up with an alternative away strip with a white body and blue sleeves. She's amazing honestly).

The bonus is, it will have, "ANTE'S BUBBLY'S GRANNY" on it, instead of, "ELEVATE" and my choice of SWFC employees names across the chest instead of that stand sponsor, "CHANSIRI". I am thinking of going for CARLOS or BULLY, what do you reckon?

• Haha 1