Ticket Details For The Sheffield Derby

I get what folk are saying about pricing but with the extra restrictions placed on how many fans we are allowed in the ground these days, a sell out at the current prices of around 31k will enable the club to make up for the lost revenue of these restrictions.

Looking at it purely from a business perspective, you can't argue with Chansiri on that front, he's maximising the income the club will generate.

7 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Ticket prices are harsh but this will be the kind of game where you will regret not going (should we win), nothing beats walking down to the ground on derby day while embracing a multitude of emotions

The higher the prices, the less you go, the less you feel like you're missing Owt. That's how fans drift away

4 hours ago, jamese said:

I'd imagine it's just another small benefit. Opportunity to purchase for friend or family before 'general' sale

True, but what's to say said friend is even wednesday, just doesn't sit right that someone can jump the queue ahead of someone who may have 100 TPP

9 hours ago, flo said:

If Chansiri had a business sense like i do, he would of ripped out the 6 thousand seats that we are not allowed to use, spread out the seats evenly and charged maybe three pounds more a ticket for the extra leg room. I would definitely pay it.

To spread the seats out and give extra legroom you'd have to change the step configuration of each stand which would cost millions.

11 hours ago, Sam779 said:

2,300 odd

No decision yet.  Let's see what happens if/when the rest of the home areas sell out.

I'll be amazed if they allow Wednesdayites in lower West. 

With all restrictions attendance won't be much more than 30,000, it probably won't be our highest of season. 

10 hours ago, handworth52 said:

I think folks will get a shock when attendance is announced at just over 30000, every restriction will be in place, utd only getting 2300 that's well below what they allow these days in upper west, zero will be in lower west and end block in south will still be netted off, along with other massive restrictions in place . there were 30549 sellout vs wolves in new year and I think we sold end block in south stand for this game. nothing seems will ever get done about sag and also getting our capacity up like was promised a few months back , someone in sag really has got it in for us. ive been to many an away ground and plenty of grounds have less space than ours in concourse areas etc, try swapping sags with qpr reckon our capacity will soon be 40000 and theres will drop down to 10k

it's not SAG's fault it's down to the club to get the ground to the standard required as laid down in the governments  sports stadium safety legislation  that SAG go by .....the SYP  though are a different matter to me and no doubt others there kill joy way of policing football at Hillsboro is abysmal .

I will be completely honest these prices are terrible, a parent taking the kids to football as a treat shouldn't be looking at paying up to £70 for the pleasure and  a number of die hard wednesday fans have been price out there's no denying it.

But after having p!ss chucked on us at the lane and given only 2000 tickets a time I honestly wouldn't be bothered if we charged them £100 a ticket.

Just be thankful there won't be wee wee thrown.... maybe

But the best one is they think where only giving them 2000 seats due to SAG 

Bunch of wet tuppies lot of em 

12 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'll be amazed if they allow Wednesdayites in lower West. 

With all restrictions attendance won't be much more than 30,000, it probably won't be our highest of season. 

Depends if their 2,300 is the top half of the upper like Huddersfield's for the play off semi.  Granted that was 300 less.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

it's not SAG's fault it's down to the club to get the ground to the standard required as laid down in the governments  sports stadium safety legislation  that SAG go by .....the SYP  though are a different matter to me and no doubt others there kill joy way of policing football at Hillsboro is abysmal .

Our ground needs a serious makeover!

Bar the ram shackles that are loftus road and Elland Rd  I can't think of many away ends nowadays that you have 2 big posts in your view.

Sitting on the Kop should be almost free for most seats.

The corners need filling in - would improve the atmosphere no end. 

2 minutes ago, torres said:

Our ground needs a serious makeover!

Bar the ram shackles that are loftus road and Elland Rd  I can't think of many away ends nowadays that you have 2 big posts in your view.

Sitting on the Kop should be almost free for most seats.

The corners need filling in - would improve the atmosphere no end. 

it does .......3 of our stands while cosmetically changed haven't really altered structurally in over 50 years ......to get the capacity back to 39k is never going to happen unless we invest big time in modernising it . .....it's sadly coming home to roost the policy of making do and mend that's occurred over the years when we've come to making " ground improvements".

1 hour ago, torres said:

Our ground needs to be monitored by a  serious National Sports Stadium Safety committee!

Bar the ram shackle QANGO that is SAG.

Hillsborough holds 45k comfortably and safely. Stop buying the SAG line, 2 of sand and 1 of cement could segregate entrance to the west upper extending North and South concourses. However it seems SAG will always find a way of mittigating their past ineptitude !

19 minutes ago, Baldrick said:

No doubt with Block T left completely empty

It's to stop all those seated in the NW cor..... 

It's to stop all those seated in the Lower Le.... 

It's to stop all those seated in the SW corner encroaching.. 

Edited by owls-swfc
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, owls-swfc said:

It's to stop all those seated in the NW cor..... 

It's to stop all those seated in the Lower Le.... 

It's to stop all those seated in the SW corner encroaching.. 

And god forbid Wednesdayites get sat in the West Stand Lower, it will all kick off between the happy clappers and the Carlos out brigade. Carnage WTF:

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

it does .......3 of our stands while cosmetically changed haven't really altered structurally in over 50 years ......to get the capacity back to 39k is never going to happen unless we invest big time in modernising it . .....it's sadly coming home to roost the policy of making do and mend that's occurred over the years when we've come to making " ground improvements".

The South and Kop have had significant structural changes in the last 50 years....the North hasn't and doesn't really need it (although a wider concourse wouldn't go a miss)