Official January Transfer Rumours Thread..

Wolves have completed the signing of 20-year-old Valencia forward Rafa Mir. 

The club announced the transfer tonight, with the youngster signing a four-and-a-half year deal in a transfer understood to be worth around £1.5 million.

Wolves' first signing of the January transfer window will wear the number nine shirt for the rest of the season.

The 6ft 2in Spaniard said he was looking forward to reuniting with Nuno Espirito Santo, who he has previously worked with at Valencia.

8 hours ago, Fuzzy logics said:

The clock is ticking....

10 days since CC left with no appointment.

Obviously this means we don't have any clear performance strategy, no clear footballing philosophy, no progression / succession plan, no official assessment on current squad, no clear January targets, no leadership...etc. etc.

The longer we wait the more we will fall behind other teams and end up with some over paid, underperforming dross....oh, hang on....

everton took 38 days to replace managers this season 

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

There was a Yorkshire Post article this morning summarising all the reported links between our local clubs and player targets. We were the only local side not being linked with anyone.

Recall that this off-season the only arrival was a free transfer and that despite having only two experienced centre backs at the club (Pudil and O'Grady filled in a fair bit during the pre-season) we didn't sign any replacements for Semedo and Sasso until the season was already four games old.

Obviously, I'm in no position to provide much detail, but our recruitment since the end of last January does suggest we are not in an advantageous financial position at the moment.

34 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Recall that this off-season the only arrival was a free transfer and that despite having only two experienced centre backs at the club (Pudil and O'Grady filled in a fair bit during the pre-season) we didn't sign any replacements for Semedo and Sasso until the season was already four games old.

Obviously, I'm in no position to provide much detail, but our recruitment since the end of last January does suggest we are not in an advantageous financial position at the moment.

Jordan Rhodes was quite a big out lay I'd say

Just now, punkassmofo said:

Jordan Rhodes was quite a big out lay I'd say

...that we'd already committed to in January 2017 as part of the loan arrangement with Middlesbrough.

Since that deal, our spending on the squad has been curtailed very considerably, despite a perilous situation at centre back until the end of August that we only had about four months prior notice of.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

...that we'd already committed to in January 2017 as part of the loan arrangement with Middlesbrough.

Since that deal, our spending on the squad has been curtailed very considerably, despite a perilous situation at centre back until the end of August that we only had about four months prior notice of.

Don't get your point you say nothing was spent when quite clearly it was, the largest sum we have ever paid for player, yes he was loaned before but the deal wasn't done till pre season. 

Facts are fact mi owd I'm afraid.

15 minutes ago, punkassmofo said:

Don't get your point you say nothing was spent when quite clearly it was, the largest sum we have ever paid for player, yes he was loaned before but the deal wasn't done till pre season. 

Facts are fact mi owd I'm afraid.

Well if it makes you feel better to split hairs, then help yourself.

But the fact is that we were committed in January to spending that amount and therefore it would have to be accounted for against FFP at that point, rather than in July or whenever the transfer was technically completed.

And if you want to be technical about it, as I understand it, the routine is that 50% of the fee is paid up front with the balance to follow at any point in the next twelve months. So it's possible that around £3-5m won't be paid to Middlesbrough until the summer.