Winnall/Butterfield is actually a good deal

Winnall is a good player, there's no doubting that. However we all know that Carlos, for whatever reason, did not like him. The fact he left him at home for trips to Preston, Fulham and Burton and had Nuhiu on the bench instead told us as much. He was wasted here, we have let a player go who would have featured (rightly or wrongly) no more than 15 times IMO.

We have replaced him with someone who can give us energy in the midfield, something we miss with Kieran Lee being injured. He gives us a better option, and both deals for me point towards a change in formation too. I'm guessing it will be a 4-1-2-3.

lineup.png.9e1820e4b5a50f612f3d9a2941941c30.png

That, for me, should be our lineup. This swap benefits everyone, I think it will be good for us although it is disappointing losing Winnall.

Butterfield's number is a guess btw

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Winnall is a good player, there's no doubting that. However we all know that Carlos, for whatever reason, did not like him. The fact he left him at home for trips to Preston, Fulham and Burton and had Nuhiu on the bench instead told us as much. He was wasted here, we have let a player go who would have featured (rightly or wrongly) no more than 15 times IMO.

We have replaced him with someone who can give us energy in the midfield, something we miss with Kieran Lee being injured. He gives us a better option, and both deals for me point towards a change in formation too. I'm guessing it will be a 4-1-2-3.

lineup.png.9e1820e4b5a50f612f3d9a2941941c30.png

That, for me, should be our lineup. This swap benefits everyone, I think it will be good for us although it is disappointing losing Winnall.

Butterfield's number is a guess btw

Any starting line up that does not have Hooper in, is criminal.

• Thanks 1

Just now, mogbad said:

I think we'd all come up with different formations & team selections. However for me any formation & team selection that omits Hooper is a non starter.

Fletcher has a better goal to game ratio than Hooper right now. Not like Hooper wont play any part either is it, he just wouldnt start.

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I was working on the basis that Lee was still injured, hence my comparison of Butterfield to him. 

Aye, that's fair enough.

Really hope that Lee is back after this international break. I think it would lift everyone at the club massively. 

2 minutes ago, Dagmeister said:

Hooper is arguably our best player at the moment.   

I agree, first choice, we know we don't get 90 mins out of Fletcher so Hooper - Fletcher or Hooper - Rhodes is a good option with FF on left or a free role with Hooper dropping back to number 10 role.

Callum McManaman on a permanent deal would have topped it off for me... But that was never going to happen. I'd play 4-2-3-1, but that's also never going to happen.

Westwood

Hunt - Lees - Van Aken - Reach

Butterfield - Bannan

Boyd - Hooper - Forestieri

Fletcher

Replacements

GK - Wildsmith, Dawson

RB - Palmer

CB - Venancio, Loovens

LB - Pudil, Fox

CM - Hutchinson, Lee, Jones

RW - Wallace