TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY NEWS THREAD

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

The amount of offers for our star players from direct rivals who'd usually have no shout is interesting.

Wonder if we need to offload and they know it.

Probably just that there are a lot of teams with a lot of money who see we have good individuals playing in a team that seems to have gone a bit stale. Makes total sense that people will try and prise one or two away

3 minutes ago, southportdc said:

The amount of offers for our star players from direct rivals who'd usually have no shout is interesting.

Wonder if we need to offload and they know it.

I think a lot of it is just logic.

We've got a team fill of players who have proved they can do it in this league, but after two failed attempts clubs may think they can tempt them to new pastures. FF is an obvious talent who many would want to think they can get the best out of, and I don't think his "issues" here are a secret.. 

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Sky Sports News just said they're looking to loan him to a Championship club.

Giving our links with Watford with signing players in the past could he be the player Nixon was on about yesterday? Fits the bill, pacey and left wing.

He's off to Hull isn't he?

5 minutes ago, paulrs said:

Probably just that there are a lot of teams with a lot of money who see we have good individuals playing in a team that seems to have gone a bit stale. Makes total sense that people will try and prise one or two away

4 minutes ago, sheffield_dave said:

I think a lot of it is just logic.

We've got a team fill of players who have proved they can do it in this league, but after two failed attempts clubs may think they can tempt them to new pastures. FF is an obvious talent who many would want to think they can get the best out of, and I don't think his "issues" here are a secret.. 

Hope so - and I can definitely see with FF and JR some teams seeing them out of the first team and sensing a chance.

But rumours of bids for Bannan and Lees (and Leeds after Hirst) are just weird.

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure mate.

Either way unless FF goes I think our business for the window is done.

Just read that they're looking at Musa instead now.

i agree though, I think we're done. Maybe a young loanee who's cheap in terms of wages.