Greenhgate Owl

TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY NEWS THREAD

Well I'm pleased we had the sense to tell Sunderland to do one. Cheeky sods. 

• Agree 1

TBH I'm surprised that Newcastle or Brighton or even Palace haven't properly come in for FF since all of them use wide players but can't afford for Knockheart Ritchie or Zaha to be out for long. 

Always expect mixed results from my Argos 'Junior Clairvoyant' crystal ball (£4.99  incl. stand & pointy hat)

... but once I wiped away 7 months worth of dust I could see

1) Atdhe moving abroad for an undisclosed fee and then starring in this season's Europa League 

2) Jake Kean joining some Lge2 side on a free

3) McGugan sitting on his arris for another year

4) 2 or 3 more U23s out on loan until January

5) - not young Hirsty though, as Mr C won't entertain greed for greed's sake

6) ... he might still listen to these PL offers though, but what's the rush?

7) Lucas Joao was high up on the loans out list (but I'd prefer to have him on the bench anyway)

8) Rhodes departing early - or just a smudge where I used kitchen roll on that last sneeze?

Suggestions abound of loaning in a youngster or two, but I dunno 

Do we really need another wide player? I'd prefer an upgrade on Liam Palmer myself but still ...

We've got our full quota of CBs now, so I think it's more important to keep the squad we have fit and focused

... and if that includes Nando I'll be one happy Owl come 11 o'clock tonight

• Agree 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

TBH I'm surprised that Newcastle or Brighton or even Palace haven't properly come in for FF since all of them use wide players but can't afford for Knockheart Ritchie or Zaha to be out for long. 

Probably because they don't think he's good enough for the Prem...which he isn't. 

• Agree 4

BREAKING NEWS

West Ham midfielder Domingos Quina is closing in on a loan move to Sheffield United, according to Sky sources.

Quina is expected to undergo a medical on Deadline Day ahead of a season-long loan switch to the Sky Bet Championship side.

The nightmare scenario for me would be, the departures of Forestieri and Hirst We are so dreary to watch, and Forestieri represents my only hope that things could be any different Young Hirst, as the best young player we've produced in a long while, offers hope for the future

Lose those two, and I don't think I'd have the enthusiasm for DC's project

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The nightmare scenario for me would be, the departures of Forestieri and Hirst We are so dreary to watch, and Forestieri represents my only hope that things could be any different Young Hirst, as the best young player we've produced in a long while, offers hope for the future

Lose those two, and I don't think I'd have the enthusiasm for DC's project

yo mean you had enthusiasm to start with? You make @Ever the pessimist look optimistic lol

• Agree 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, marcx666 said:

yo mean you had enthusiasm to start with? You make @Ever the pessimist look optimistic lol

Yeah, but it's dwindling mate

7 hours ago, Athelwulf said:

May very well be true. That's what I hope. I want us to keep FF and Rhodesia because now he's got his CBs he might change the system and use them more effectively.

Ha ha, your spellcheck does Rhodesia, just like mine lol

14 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

BREAKING NEWS

West Ham midfielder Domingos Quina is closing in on a loan move to Sheffield United, according to Sky sources.

Quina is expected to undergo a medical on Deadline Day ahead of a season-long loan switch to the Sky Bet Championship side.

Think Liverpool......

• Haha 2

Can't see anyone else being brought in, a few departures I would expect.

• Agree 2

08:49

BREAKING NEWS

Birmingham have agreed a £6m deal to sign Jota from Brentford.

The Spaniard is on his way to the Blues for a medical.

b*llocks b*llocks b*llocks 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

While ever CC persists with 4 4 2 then so will the problems.......................the vast majority of our squad is more suited to 4 2 3 1, everyone can see it bar the manager and presumably his 3 portugese sidekicks and Bullen

"Everyone"?

I think we have a terrific squad for 442, and that it has been really effective when Carlos has played the correct shaped pegs.

Predictions for the day:-

Brighton, Fulham and Watford to come in for FF but he ends up staying.

Wolves and Sunderland come in to sign Rhodes on Loan but he too ends up staying.

Barnsley, Brentford and Wolves try to sign Joao on Loan.

Birmingham come in with a late swoop for Winnall.

Matias returns to Portugal should FF stay?

Oh and Old Faithfull stays for yet another season coming off the bench, making a nuisance of himself and firing blanks?WTF:

We sign Max Power from Wigan and Josh Sims on Loan

More than likely all these predictions are wrong and we go with what we've already got for another season ahead of a change of approach next time should we not be succesfull this?

8 minutes ago, NorfolkNChance said:

Think Liverpool......

He looks quite an exciting prospect - just a young lad - 17 - attacking midfielder with pace.

West Ham U23 squad player.

Jota would have been the ideal replacement for Foriesteri with £6m left over!

Gutted if Brum get Jota for £6m.

That's no money in this market and he's just what we need.

• Agree 1

08:57

MORE JOTA DETAIL

It looked like Jota was bound for Craven Cottage with negotiations well advanced, but Harry Redknapp and Birmingham has come in at the last minute with a bigger offer.

We've been told a fee of around £6m has been agreed, and the player is on his way to the West Midlands to complete a medical.