TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY NEWS THREAD

2 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Nixon claiming we won't be busy unless Forestieri leaves.

Fulham have no ambition. They've only scraped together £12million of the £27million required.

In all seriousness, I can't see how this would impact on our ability to bring players in by one means or another. I'd be more worried about the admin side of the club getting the paperwork done on time after the JR debacle.

9 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Leeds sign Pierre-Michel Lasogga, scored roughly 30 goals in 100 games for Hamburg in the Bundesliga. Annoyingly impressive.

Doesn't sound that good to me!

The former Hertha Berlin hitman represents a poor return on Hamburg's investment after only netting 13 league goals in 76 outings for the Volksparkstadion side.

And Klaus-Michael Kuhne, who owns 7.5 percent of Hamburg and the naming rights to their stadium according to ESPN, has described Leeds-linked forward - who initially scored 13 goals in 20 games during a loan spell at the club - as "flop of the century" in comments which won't excite the Elland Road faithful.

"HSV is a phenomenon because the losers always get stuck here," the 80-year-old businessman told Der Spiegel.

"Lasogga is a good example, I do not know if I was involved in it.

"Must he be given a five-year contract and a yearly salary of over €3.5m after half a good season? This was Harakiri, the flop of the century."

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2017/08/18/german-shareholder-calls-leeds-united-target-a-loser/

29 minutes ago, TheEnd1976 said:

Why not take a punt on him about the right age Hes RM what we need

Andis pay is only five packets of Worthington originals a week how quiet it is on the  transfer front anything will do

IMG_1774.JPG

He's too fast for us, he's not our type of winger, we prefer slower players out wide played out of position :ph34r::duntmatter::ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

still can't believe we have 8 strikers on the books, no one left on loan or permanent. if we keep everyone what on earth are Nuhiu or Joao going to do? accounting our FFP? Painting the stands? sorting out the dodgy signal on the TVs in the north stand?

McGugan gone.

https://twitter.com/swfc/status/903279238643666949

Sheffield Wednesday midfielder Lewis McGugan has left the club by mutual consent.

The 28-year-old joined the Owls on loan in November 2014 from Watford and made the move permanent in July 2015.

McGugan made 39 appearance in total for Wednesday and scored nine goals.

Sheffield Wednesday would like to thank Lewis for his services and wish him well for the future.

Edited by mirodo

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

still can't believe we have 8 strikers on the books, no one left on loan or permanent. if we keep everyone what on earth are Nuhiu or Joao going to do? accounting our FFP? Painting the stands? sorting out the dodgy signal on the TVs in the north stand?

6 and a half hours yet pal.

Calm down.