TRANSFER DEADLINE DAY NEWS THREAD

The nightmare scenario for me would be, the departures of Forestieri and Hirst We are so dreary to watch, and Forestieri represents my only hope that things could be any different Young Hirst, as the best young player we've produced in a long while, offers hope for the future

Lose those two, and I don't think I'd have the enthusiasm for DC's project

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The nightmare scenario for me would be, the departures of Forestieri and Hirst We are so dreary to watch, and Forestieri represents my only hope that things could be any different Young Hirst, as the best young player we've produced in a long while, offers hope for the future

Lose those two, and I don't think I'd have the enthusiasm for DC's project

yo mean you had enthusiasm to start with? You make @Ever the pessimist look optimistic lol

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, Owlstastic said:

BREAKING NEWS

West Ham midfielder Domingos Quina is closing in on a loan move to Sheffield United, according to Sky sources.

Quina is expected to undergo a medical on Deadline Day ahead of a season-long loan switch to the Sky Bet Championship side.

Think Liverpool......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

While ever CC persists with 4 4 2 then so will the problems.......................the vast majority of our squad is more suited to 4 2 3 1, everyone can see it bar the manager and presumably his 3 portugese sidekicks and Bullen

"Everyone"?

I think we have a terrific squad for 442, and that it has been really effective when Carlos has played the correct shaped pegs.

Predictions for the day:-

Brighton, Fulham and Watford to come in for FF but he ends up staying.

Wolves and Sunderland come in to sign Rhodes on Loan but he too ends up staying.

Barnsley, Brentford and Wolves try to sign Joao on Loan.

Birmingham come in with a late swoop for Winnall.

Matias returns to Portugal should FF stay?

Oh and Old Faithfull stays for yet another season coming off the bench, making a nuisance of himself and firing blanks?WTF:

We sign Max Power from Wigan and Josh Sims on Loan

More than likely all these predictions are wrong and we go with what we've already got for another season ahead of a change of approach next time should we not be succesfull this?

08:57

MORE JOTA DETAIL

It looked like Jota was bound for Craven Cottage with negotiations well advanced, but Harry Redknapp and Birmingham has come in at the last minute with a bigger offer.

We've been told a fee of around £6m has been agreed, and the player is on his way to the West Midlands to complete a medical.

2 minutes ago, OwlofOliveGrove said:

Gutted if Brum get Jota for £6m.

That's no money in this market and he's just what we need.

Have they been taken over recently? Wondering where all their money has came from. If I recall, Rowett was on one of the lowest budget's in the league when he was manager. 

1 minute ago, AyrshireOwl said:

Have they been taken over recently? Wondering where all their money has came from. If I recall, Rowett was on one of the lowest budget's in the league when he was manager. 

Yes. They booted Rowett out and went for a name manager. 

Jota for 6 million. Do I not like that!! Ideal crowd pleasing talent replacement for FF.