George Hirst Off!!

45 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

The lad has scored goals at every level he has played. 

ESFA and U21s?

For some posters here that means surely he's ready for the match day 18 of a Championship side chasing promotion then...  :columbo:

Find him a roster spot in League 2 or the Airtricity League to play on loan and develop.

Edited by Indoor Owl

37 minutes ago, clampyowl said:

he scores goals for fun, no wonder our manager will let him go, why spoil all this slow boring, passing backwards football we pay to watch and love so much

He scores prolifically against sides comprised of teenage academy prospects.

Find him a place to play on loan with some game time.

14 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

What makes you think the club isn't fighting? Sounds like a new contract offer is on the table, with loan opportunities to follow. What more can DC do? Decision rests with the player and his advisors. Carlos won't play him until ready. People calling for a place on the bench for him... only if he's good enough. 

Are you in the know. Sounds as though you are or do you think that is what is happening. Do you think he may be leaving because CC hasn't given him a chance in the first team yet. Very doubtful. More to this then what you believe is the case. Might be that his father as had his fill with the club and this is just another way of having a pop at them. As we all know, there's no loyalty in this game. Does anyone really know whats happening. The refusal to sign a new contract may be just pure speculation started by someone on here.

2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Are you in the know. Sounds as though you are or do you think that is what is happening. Do you think he may be leaving because CC hasn't given him a chance in the first team yet. Very doubtful. More to this then what you believe is the case. Might be that his father as had his fill with the club and this is just another way of having a pop at them. As we all know, there's no loyalty in this game. Does anyone really know whats happening. The refusal to sign a new contract may be just pure speculation started by someone on here.

Probably best not to state that the club isn't putting up a fight then really.

Edited by Sonny

13 minutes ago, mark77 said:

He is refusing to sign a new deal (to secure his future), so we can send him out on loan (to improve him to first team quality).

Yes I've seen him play for u23 a few times and he looks quality, so does Penney, Claire and a few others. I want to see them all out on loan at league clubs to see If they are  good enough. I don't know what else the club can do?

I hear that baking a cake is a good way to relieve extreme stress - in addition to a good ole English fashion, of a cuppa Yorkshire Tea to wash said cake down...

Then it will all be better. :D 

Edited by robster_owl

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

People do what they want in the end. DC will act in the club's best interest. Carlos has already stated his intention for George this season. David will want what's best for his son, and agents will do...what agents do. 

If his name wasn't Hirst, this wouldn't be so difficult for fans. They're attached before he's even made the grade here. Hirst or not, I like players that want to be here. If that's not him, strike a deal. 

33 minutes ago, JUNNY said:

When you have people like gordan watson telling him how much he will get at leicester city its hard to compete. Still have a chance with DC at the helm.

Do you mean Gordon Watson and Leicester City?

19 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

If he was called Smith, nobody would bat an eyelid.

Absolutely - hasn't the lad that plays up front with him scored a load as well but never gets mentioned on here.

in fact i can't remember his name now - Frazer somebody??

23 minutes ago, robster_owl said:

I hear that baking a cake is a good way to relieve extreme stress - in addition to a good ole English fashion, of a cuppa Yorkshire Tea to wash said cake down...

Then it will all be better. :D 

If Nadiya isn't on the baking team it'll be crap.