George Hirst Off!!

Understandable, if true. However, unless he has bulked up considerably over the summer I don't believe he's up to the challenge of the Championship yet.

Would be good if he went on loan after extending his contract but I suppose his head has been turned by the offers coming in from PL clubs who will probably be able to pay much higher wages.

24 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

So be it. 

Whys that then. So we just allow emerging youngsters to go without a fight. That's the problem with management and most of the players. No fight. 

There's thread after thread, and social media, full of bile and venom towards our very proven top goal scorer....but some want him gone.

We then have this Hirst saga, which isn't too dissimilar to the FF one of last season. A player and / or agent trying to engineer a bigger contract. Except in this case he's not even proven he can do it at the level this team is at.  

I don't know the first thing about developing youth, but to me the logical next step is for him to go and get 1st team experience on loan. For years we had to loan other people's players, we got them fit and stronger, they made their mistakes in our team and learnt from them. Some of those players went on to do well for their parent club or other clubs.....whilst we languished. So I'm happy for us to do the same with our youth. We're not under pressure to throw him into the squad so why should we? 

Edited by bigdan2003

1 minute ago, JUNNY said:

When you have people like gordan watson telling him how much he will get at leicester city its hard to compete. Still have a chance with DC at the helm.

Even harder when it's his old man that wants him out of the club 

Guest wilyfox
10 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

Whys that then. So we just allow emerging youngsters to go without a fight. That's the problem with management and most of the players. No fight. 

What makes you think the club isn't fighting? Sounds like a new contract offer is on the table, with loan opportunities to follow. What more can DC do? Decision rests with the player and his advisors. Carlos won't play him until ready. People calling for a place on the bench for him... only if he's good enough. 

23 minutes ago, poite said:

Given all the coaching books Carlos has written it's amazing how awful he is at the development of young talent. Even more alarming is the almost complete disinterest in the concept altogether. 

U18 and U23 doing as well as I've ever known in 40 years of watching Wednesday.

Id say our academy system is doing very well..

2 minutes ago, mark77 said:

U18 and U23 doing as well as I've ever known in 40 years of watching Wednesday.

Id say our academy system is doing very well..

But when an outstanding talent emerges from that academy we fail to secure the player long term, improve them into a first team proposition and let them bugger off elsewhere for nowt?

It's a massive shame, if he is off.

We've completely blocked his route of progression at our club. 

This could be from Chansiri trying to rush promotion or Carvalhals unwillingness to play him. I can imagine his dad being particularly unimpressed with his lack of involvement. 

If he signs for a top club and gets loaned out, we'll soon find out if he's the next Tammy Abraham or not.

2 minutes ago, poite said:

But when an outstanding talent emerges from that academy we fail to secure the player long term, improve them into a first team proposition and let them bugger off elsewhere for nowt?

He is refusing to sign a new deal (to secure his future), so we can send him out on loan (to improve him to first team quality).

Yes I've seen him play for u23 a few times and he looks quality, so does Penney, Claire and a few others. I want to see them all out on loan at league clubs to see If they are  good enough. I don't know what else the club can do?