ANOTHER ONE BITES THE DUST....

25 minutes ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

Really like what you did there Crosby 

With the Norwich /Barge thing 

Tell me are you a Hoseasons man or a Blakes man?

And most importantly are you related to the famous Blunketts?(legendary groundsman of Hillsborough stadia)

Thanks for the appreciation of my limited wit.

I'm afraid I'm just named after David Blunkett's dog... Or I am indeed his dog... Like all things on Owlstalk, occasionally the boundaries between fantasy and reality can become blurred.

Never been on a barge holiday if I'm honest, but having had a quick look at the two websites, I'd have to go with Hoseasons as they clearly advertise dog friendly boats.

:ghoulguy:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

At that price it might look good business, after we were quoted 6million at the start of the window...

However, when you take into account his ridiculous wages and the fact that he moves like a barge, it's probably a good job he's off to Norwich.

Will take more than that cart horse to sort out a shocking Norwich back line.

Desperate signing by Newcastle, when they had money to burn in this division. They soon came to their senses and hardly payed him. We have dodged a bullet.

We dont need any more Scottish squad /fringe players.   

52 minutes ago, Cosby Blunkett said:

Thanks for the appreciation of my limited wit.

I'm afraid I'm just named after David Blunkett's dog... Or I am indeed his dog... Like all things on Owlstalk, occasionally the boundaries between fantasy and reality can become blurred.

Never been on a barge holiday if I'm honest, but having had a quick look at the two websites, I'd have to go with Hoseasons as they clearly advertise dog friendly boats.

:ghoulguy:

When you mentioned the dog I thought of the Red Indian naming of children gag

"Two dogs F%@king " 

Always raises a smile........

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, 1993swfc said:

Dean £2m

Hanley £3.5m

Good business while we are being told by our manager the price of centre halfs is huge. 

2 very good centre halves there have moved for nothing in this market (one of them we apparently bid for last season.

nothing against vernancio and this Dutch lad that's costing us £4.5m but I'd have rather took 2 domestic players like Hanley and Dean for £5.5m than 2 risks from abroad. 

very very true,cant be players with experience in the championship

18 hours ago, andypandy said:

If Van Aken and Venancio both make the grade then i think CC has played a blinder, 2 CB's who can actually bring the ball up field and pass fwd, which will mean our midfield won't have to drop deep to collect the ball.

Two cbs who can bring the ball up field and pass would be good.

Two cbs that can also defend set pieces in our defensive third would be superb.

On 8/29/2017 at 14:58, ANDY said:

Grant Hanley going to Norwich

We seem to be pretty solid defensively but lack the ability to bring the ball out of defence which means our midfield have to come deeper to pick up the ball and start our forward play. Hanley, much like Lees is a solid defender but struggles to pass water or move in possession so is not what we really need. Hopefully the Dutch guy will be a capable defender who also has the ability to pass and move with the ball a bit quicker than Loovens walking pace.

Hanley started playing regularly in the Blackburn side in the season they were relegated, was part of an average Championship side thereafter before moving to Newcastle for big money where he failed to get into their team. His recent performances for Scotland have been nothing to write home about. 

I said at the time we were rumoured to have made a package bid of around £6M for a defender that I hoped it wasn't him as I wouldn't want to pay half of that. Whether Van Aken proves to be good enough remains to be seen but not disappointed at all that we haven't signed Hanley.