Jordan Rhodes to Sunderland or Wolves

All the previous clamouring to sign him...........CC ruins him.......sells him.......he "rejuvenates" in a proper tactical team....Championship leading scorer......moves on for £90 million......we forgot to include a sell on clause......meanwhile Taylor-Fletcher could be back in 2 weeks along with Matias & Nuhui as we look to get out of bottom three........CC says "sometimes you are at the opera in proper clothes...sometimes you are in the garden in wellingtons....we have got three tenors to spend but the right lawnmower is not always a shearer"

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Problem is nobody knows who that person actually is

judging by this exceptional 2 years of recruitment He / she /committee/ agency could get a hell of a job on the clusterfucksrus website

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

Be ridiculous to sell Rhodes especially if it's true we only want £7m. 

We are having to sell sell players because the £30m+ that Carlos has spent isn't good enough and now are looking like we are selling players to cover new signings. Only one person should be leaving and that's the man whose ineptitude in the market has put us in this position. 

Who's that then? Because we're constantly told by Carlos that signings are not solely down to him. He gives a list of attributes he requires and a agency finds a pool of players that are available that fit. Carlos gives a narrowed down list and then waits and sees. 

4 minutes ago, Thewaynesday said:

I don't know. The more this transfer stuff continues the more I think Carlos has no say in who we sign. 

He has said numerous times he signs players and always had final say. If a manager doesn't sign players (Like Jokanovic) they make it very clear in the media that he doesn't. 

If Carlos is saying he does sign players and doesn't. Then that would say nothing other than he's a yes man. 

2 minutes ago, Semedo's ferret said:

Who's that then? Because we're constantly told by Carlos that signings are not solely down to him. He gives a list of attributes he requires and a agency finds a pool of players that are available that fit. Carlos gives a narrowed down list and then waits and sees. 

Carlos has said numerous times he has final say on all players. Stop acting like you know the full ins and outs of the scouring team because you don't. He said in the media he has final say, so end of he is to blame. 

I don't get all the fuss about this

He was signed in January primarily to get us promoted to the Premiership

Both he and the rest of the team failed in that goal

He has not proven himself better than the other strikers we have

We are well equipped with strikers without him

We need a new impetus and injection of talent for this seasons tilt at the Prem

So we cash in and move on to other targets

only Sheffield Wednesday could buy a natural goal scorer ,have a manager who is clueless and makes Rhodes look rubbish and sell him a month after buying him for a million pound less than we reportably payed for him.

when Rhodes starts scoring for fun again and we are stuck with clueless Carlos ,playing the same poo every week .theres only one team who looks daft.

selling Fernando and Rhodes shows zero ambition.

sack Carlos ffs and get someone who knows what they are doing

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

That would rank up there with some of the most bizarre things I've seen in my lifetime.

What good would sending him out on loan achieve, especially when Fletcher is currently injured.

I can only assume a loan would free up around 50k per week in wages if no club has the cash for the fee

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Carlos has said numerous times he has final say on all players. Stop acting like you know the full ins and outs of the scouring team because you don't. He said in the media he has final say, so end of he is to blame. 

Carlos gives a shopping list of attributes not players names. Names come back to him. He does homework and narrowes it down. DC and whoever else try to negotiate with the shortened list. Putting feelers out to several possibilities. Eventually, progress or no progress is made, and we get (or don't) a player from Carlos' narrowed down list. So your a tiny bit right. 

Always thought Rhodes would be a luxury signing we didn't desperately need.

Have been disappointed and frustrated that we've so far failed to get him firing.

But would find the whole thing fully batshit crazy if we then sold him at a loss to a Championship rival.

For all those complaining about the transfer... yes it's bizarre and obviously if he were to leave us it would be a blow to our strength. But, I'm gonna try and put a positive spin on this (unusually for me):

Rhodes was always going to be a Championship player this season. Whether for us or 'Boro or another club, he was always going to be in this league. Now for whatever reason, it hasn't really worked for him here yet... maybe it would in time, but we can all agree that right now it just hasn't clicked. Now say (hypothetically) we sell him to Sunderland for £14m. And say (hypothetically) we bought him for £10m. We've actually managed to make a multi-million profit on a player in the space of (technically) 2 months... someone who really currently living up to his price tag.

The only way this is realistically a downside is the fact that by selling Rhodes we're strengthening a rival... which is obviously definitely a bad. But then it comes down to... what's the better scenario... us keeping Rhodes and having Sunderland a weaker team, or selling Rhodes and using that money to actually strengthen our team further rather than carry a multi-million player that hasn't hit it off yet. And I've got to go for the latter in that scenario. Once you remove the "ifs, buts and maybies" and look at the reality of our current situation, it would be a far more proactive and positive thing to do to sell him.

That's assuming that if he did stay he wouldn't suddenly "click" and score 5 goals every month between now and May of course :duntmatter:

Edited by StudentOwl