One more goal / One more win

11 minutes ago, mark77 said:

So why was it the two teams who lost the least amount last season finished 1st and 2nd?

If draws kill you why did 4 teams who drew less than 10 games finish 17th, 18th, 21st and 24th? I bet some of those losses they suffered had been draws they would have been higher.

Fulham drew a third of their games last season and made the play offs.

You can't be basing things off 5 games. Teams will win, lose and draw. Some of those draws may occur earlier in the season than other teams.

As I pointed out earlier alot of Bristol City's and Birmingham's wins occurred in the first two months of the season.

Table doesn't settle until xmas.

Draws kill you isn't based on 5 games, it's based on every season since 3 points for a win was introduced....but you keep clapping along and we'll see at the end

5 hours ago, mark77 said:
  • Just looked at last years table after 12 games:
  • Fulham, Reading our ourselves were not in the top 6, Brighton were not top 2 and Bristol City and Birmingham were in the top 6 and nearly went down!

Have another look and tell us if Newcastle or Brighton were as low as 16th

10 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

23 goals in the last 20 Championship standard matches, with Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Winnall.

5 came in one match, so without the Norwich match it's even more painful, we also conceded 18 before anyone wonders.

That is a lot of attacking talent being criminally wasted or we they are not as good as we believe

Not so fast....first, it's 24 goals.

More importantly, 4 matches in that lot Carlos played one striker + FF (Leeds, Udders, Udders, Preston) and we scored one measly goal.

In the other 16 we scored 23, which is ok.

Our biggest problem (I know you love FF) is we don't score when he is picked as a twin striker. Don't tar Hooper, Fletch and Rhodes with the same brush. We score enough when they are paired. 

So you choose to omit 4 games with one goal but want to include a game with 5 goals.

And which brush am I actually tarring Hooper, Fletch and Rhodes with?

Lastly FF isn't even in my top 3 favourite players. Which would be Hooper, Lee and Hutch

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

Not so fast....first, it's 24 goals.

Are you definitely certain it's 24 goals in the last Championship standard matches.

It's 4 in 5 this season.

Leeds 0

Norwich 5

Burton 1

Villa 0

Reading 0

Dingles 1

Mini scrubbers 2

Geordies 2

Cardiff 1

QPR 2

Sheepshaggers 2

Ipswich 1

Fulham 1

Hudds 0

Hudds 1

19+4 = 23. Although if you want to include penalties make it 26. Then again I might be missing something which makes the above irrelevant.

12 hours ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stats are interesting. 

Everyone keeps using 2 wins in 10, but doesn't mention it's 8 wins in 16?

Just conveniently using the last 3 results last season, which included a fully rested side against Fulham. 

Lets just use this seasons. 

Ok this seasons results

are appalling. Sack him now.

Edited by stanningtonowl

6 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

Are you definitely certain it's 24 goals in the last Championship standard matches.

It's 4 in 5 this season.

Leeds 0

Norwich 5

Burton 1

Villa 0

Reading 0

Dingles 1

Mini scrubbers 2

Geordies 2

Cardiff 1

QPR 2

Sheepshaggers 2

Ipswich 1

Fulham 1

Hudds 0

Hudds 1

19+4 = 23. Although if you want to include penalties make it 26. Then again I might be missing something which makes the above irrelevant.

Ah I see.

Sorry I never include the Fulham last game of the season which I treat as a friendly. And I thought you had included the Bolton match cos they are a Championship side.

So using your matches....

4 matches with FF + one striker where we scored one goal in 390 minutes!

And 16 matches with two proper strikers, where we scored 22, which equates to a 66 goal season. Not great, but far better.

19 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

The point being made is that recent form and tactics have been dire.

No other way of dressing it up.

It comes down to whether you think CC can turn it around.

I think he can't and the idea of automatic promotion is not going to be even a remote possibility.

I think he can & will...he's done it before so why not now?

Stats aren't everything ! 

It still grinds on me we were that negative we dropped out of the playoffs and we're in trouble, so we changed and attacked and won 6 out of 6 to secure our place (which IMO with the squad we had was an underachievement in that league as we should have been in top 2). 

THEN he went back to negativity for the playoff games and we lost. He THEN AGAIN starts this season off negative!

Most fans would except the first season tactics of being open and entertained trying to win 3-2 rather than the negative stuff even if we lost a few more games. This would give us a better chance of promotion.

Carlos needs to go now.