One more goal / One more win

Carlos got a chance now in the next few days to get out who he doesn't want and in who he does. Then about 5 or 6 games to prove he can make it work.

Would also like Carlos to have the option of both Hooper and Lee available to him as we won't lose many when both them are in the side.

Edited by pazowl55

23 goals in the last 20 Championship standard matches, with Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Winnall.

5 came in one match, so without the Norwich match it's even more painful, we also conceded 18 before anyone wonders.

That is a lot of attacking talent being criminally wasted or we they are not as good as we believe

Edited by DobbinTheDonkey
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

I wonder, had we actually gone on and scored a winner against Sunderland, like we should have, would we looking at things a lot differently? Would that have been considered a much better start?

I know it's the old 'if my auntie had balls...' but a decent 2nd half performance against one of the favourites to go up followed by 4 points away (which should be the minimum expectation for a team going up) from home wouldn't have been too shabby.

Maybe we would have been better drawing against Fulham and beating Burton then fans might be seeing things differently still?

Its these small margins that can make such a difference 

Dont you come on here talking sense.... it's not the done thing on Owlstalk lol

13 minutes ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

23 goals in the last 20 Championship standard matches, with Rhodes, Fletcher, Hooper, FF and Winnall.

5 came in one match, so without the Norwich match it's even more painful, we also conceded 18 before anyone wonders.

That is a lot of attacking talent being criminally wasted or we they are not as good as we believe

This is a very good point and whichever side of the camp you currently sit on CC needs to address it before we lose the momentum we have built over the last 2 seasons :manager:

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

I wonder, had we actually gone on and scored a winner against Sunderland, like we should have, would we looking at things a lot differently? Would that have been considered a much better start?

I know it's the old 'if my auntie had balls...' but a decent 2nd half performance against one of the favourites to go up followed by 4 points away (which should be the minimum expectation for a team going up) from home wouldn't have been too shabby.

Maybe we would have been better drawing against Fulham and beating Burton then fans might be seeing things differently still?

Its these small margins that can make such a difference 

High level sport is nearly always based on fine margins. 

which is why our attitude in games is winding people up so much. only trying to win in the 2nd half reduces the margins further, as does taking your foot off the gas the minute we take a 1 goal lead and trying to settle for that. 

dem pesky pigs are crap compared to us on paper, thats not me being a baby, its a fact.

we should be streets ahead of them but when you factor attitude into the equation - fear (or not) of failure - it brings us closer together.

for instance, if we were 2-0 up at home to Derby and they scored 2nd half to make it 2-1, who thinks we would have won the game 3-1? NOT A CHANCE i tell ya. it would either finish 2-1 with us hanging on or it would finish 2-2.  

this is nowt to do with the make-up of our team, who is on the bench or what the formation is, its about attitude, and ours is all wrong.

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, mark77 said:

Am i right in thinking that including the end of last season, play offs, and this season so far it's:

W7 D5 L2 in our last 14 games in the league.

You are.  But to some, it's not good enough.  No manager/head coach will ever meet their expectations.

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

You are.  But to some, it's not good enough.  No manager/head coach will ever meet their expectations.

A this early stage I tend to look at defeats rather than points when looking at the table. Losses hurt you the most over a season.

I said this last year and I'm sticking with it. I think Carlos is a likeable guy and when the pressure isn't too heavy a good coach and we'll finish in the top 6. 

The problem for me is I think tactically and bravery wise that's Carlos level a top 6 coach at championship level given a good set of players, we probably need someone the next level of talent to go up. I would love to see this year end in success, but have too many doubts we will. 

4 hours ago, mark77 said:

A this early stage I tend to look at defeats rather than points when looking at the table. Losses hurt you the most over a season.

Absolute rubbish.....everyone (apart from you it seems) knows that it's draws that hurt you......look at the pigs, lost twice as many as us yet got 50% more points than we have

30 minutes ago, Ian said:

Absolute rubbish.....everyone (apart from you it seems) knows that it's draws that hurt you......look at the pigs, lost twice as many as us yet got 50% more points than we have

So why was it the two teams who lost the least amount last season finished 1st and 2nd?

If draws kill you why did 4 teams who drew less than 10 games finish 17th, 18th, 21st and 24th? I bet some of those losses they suffered had been draws they would have been higher.

Fulham drew a third of their games last season and made the play offs.

You can't be basing things off 5 games. Teams will win, lose and draw. Some of those draws may occur earlier in the season than other teams.

As I pointed out earlier alot of Bristol City's and Birmingham's wins occurred in the first two months of the season.

Table doesn't settle until xmas.