One more goal / One more win

I wonder, had we actually gone on and scored a winner against Sunderland, like we should have, would we looking at things a lot differently? Would that have been considered a much better start?

I know it's the old 'if my auntie had balls...' but a decent 2nd half performance against one of the favourites to go up followed by 4 points away (which should be the minimum expectation for a team going up) from home wouldn't have been too shabby.

Maybe we would have been better drawing against Fulham and beating Burton then fans might be seeing things differently still?

Its these small margins that can make such a difference 

We could easily go around in circles... fans say we should be winning games regardless.. 

Yes I also think small margins in games so far have cost us results, a lot blaming Carlos but how many clear cut chances have been squandered by the strike force, cleared off the line or denied by the officials?

Edited by MrTacoSWFC

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is that some on here will only ever judge Carlos on his last result.

Wins   =    He is great. 

Loses or draws  =   Carlos out. 

Think most people are judging him on two things.

His negative tactics and results over last ten games.

He can get away with the tactics when pinching wins - trouble is the last 10 games have seen 2 wins. That's why fans are rightly not happy. 

8 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I wonder, had we actually gone on and scored a winner against Sunderland, like we should have, would we looking at things a lot differently? Would that have been considered a much better start?

I know it's the old 'if my auntie had balls...' but a decent 2nd half performance against one of the favourites to go up followed by 4 points away (which should be the minimum expectation for a team going up) from home wouldn't have been too shabby.

Maybe we would have been better drawing against Fulham and beating Burton then fans might be seeing things differently still?

Its the style and quality of performances allied to consistent lack of entertainment rather than an extra goal or point here and there that is the issue with many.

4 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

He can get away with the tactics when pinching wins - trouble is the last 10 games have seen 2 wins. That's why fans are rightly not happy. 

unfair I think to combine the seasons and say 2 in 10. Let's give him 10 games this season and see if he is still only got 2 wins. If he has then its time to go.

20 minutes ago, Miffed said:

equally for balance our opponents in all games have also missed good chances... swings and roundabouts 

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

unfair I think to combine the seasons and say 2 in 10. Let's give him 10 games this season and see if he is still only got 2 wins. If he has then its time to go.

Dont get your logic.

10 games over the end of last season and the start of the current one is not ok to compare but 10 games this season that you are using is?????

We have a stable squad that should have been firing on all cylinders against our first 5 opponents this season. 

Another 5 games for CC will see our season in tatters. 

Something has to change quickly if our season is not going to be over. Can't see it being CC's crazy tactics. That's the reason he needs to go now. 

31 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Problem is that some on here will only ever judge Carlos on his last result.

Wins   =    He is great. 

Loses or draws  =   Carlos out. 

I fully expect the traffic to die down about a week after the pigs match, job done

24 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Why is it. It's not like he's had to bed in a new team and he's still deploying the god awful tactics that cost us the playoffs. 

12 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Dont get your logic.

10 games over the end of last season and the start of the current one is not ok to compare but 10 games this season that you are using is?????

We have a stable squad that should have been firing on all cylinders against our first 5 opponents this season. 

Another 5 games for CC will see our season in tatters. 

Something has to change quickly if our season is not going to be over. Can't see it being CC's crazy tactics. That's the reason he needs to go now. 

Stats are interesting. 

Everyone keeps using 2 wins in 10, but doesn't mention it's 8 wins in 16?

Just conveniently using the last 3 results last season, which included a fully rested side against Fulham. 

Lets just use this seasons. 

3 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stats are interesting. 

Just conveniently using the last 3 results last season, which included a fully rested side against Fulham. 

Saves my writing a reply.

And a two legged playoff where you can draw a game and it still be ok.

9 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stats are interesting. 

The point being made is that recent form and tactics have been dire.

No other way of dressing it up.

It comes down to whether you think CC can turn it around.

I think he can't and the idea of automatic promotion is not going to be even a remote possibility.

15 minutes ago, WhiteOwl91 said:

Stats are interesting. 

8 wins in 16 won't get you promoted any more than 2 in 10 will

39 minutes ago, modboy said:

equally for balance our opponents in all games have also missed good chances... swings and roundabouts 

Exactly this...if we'd have conceded just 1 more goal at Fulham we'd be out of the relegation zone on goal difference only

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

got it in 1