Forestieri to Fulham 12m

25 minutes ago, Standidno said:

Getting rid of Rhodes and Fernando could be managerial suicide for Carlos

Who says it's Carlos' decision if they are sold or not? 

He's always said if someone pays what the chairman wants for someone then it's up to the chairman if he wants to sell him or not (along those lines).  

9 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Who says it's Carlos' decision if they are sold or not? 

He's always said if someone pays what the chairman wants for someone then it's up to the chairman if he wants to sell him or not (along those lines).  

Interesting article from Biggs. He says Carlos doesn't have full control of transfers.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/alan-biggs-sheffield-wednesday-need-signings-to-get-players-out-of-their-comfort-zone-1-8729505

2 hours ago, mogbad said:

Seems to be gaining more control now.

Carlos has always remained professional and loyal towards his Chairman however despite frustrations it appears. 

3 hours ago, RedSoxOwl said:

If he's going to spend the season sulking then it's probably best he goes because we won't be getting anything out of him -as galling as it will be to see him playing for another championship team.

The daft thing is, this seems to be all his own doing. If, instead of the Norwich debacle last year, he'd kept his head down and delivered another 2015/16 style season, he'd either be in the prem now with us or have a shedload of options to play there. Instead, his only route out is to play at Fulham in front of 13k clappers every week in the championship. 

But the Norwich debacle wasn't really about wanting a move. He was angry that Fletch had come in on higher wages than him.

7 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

Seems to be gaining more control now.

Carlos has always remained professional and loyal towards his Chairman however despite frustrations it appears. 

If this is the case then I have more sympathy for Carlos. That would be pretty frustrating not having much input for the players you need to succeed.

18 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

You sound surprised...

Not in the slightest, some of the incomings & Carlos's reluctance to then select them in the team have always suggested that he doesn't have control.

Edited by mogbad

Just now, mogbad said:

Not in the slightest, some of the incomings & Carlos's reluctance to then select them in the team have always suggested to that he doesn't have control.

In these circumstances, I don't know why the manager (or head coach) always seems to convince people that he chooses the player.

There's been many a player we've signed, where Carlos has waxed lyrical about their abilities after signing them, to then not play them. 

Why not just admit that the club works in a way, where someone, whoever it is, is in charge of signing the players and Carlos has little input into transfers? 

Every sane fan has known that's how it works for a while now, so why not be honest? Think you'd find the fans far more tolerant towards the manager (or head coach) when things aren't going so well also. 

(Can vaguely remember Megson saying something about that Croatian guy, Klasnic was it? when he signed...something along the lines of "I don't know who it is, it's Milan's club and he can bring in who he likes. Doesn't mean I have to play him." There was no backlash from the fans then, and when Klasnic didn't play, there was no moaning about us not playing the new signing. Why not be honest?!)

4 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

In these circumstances, I don't know why the manager (or head coach) always seems to convince people that he chooses the player.

There's been many a player we've signed, where Carlos has waxed lyrical about their abilities after signing them, to then not play them. 

Why not just admit that the club works in a way, where someone, whoever it is, is in charge of signing the players and Carlos has little input into transfers? 

Every sane fan has known that's how it works for a while now, so why not be honest? Think you'd find the fans far more tolerant towards the manager (or head coach) when things aren't going so well also. 

(Can vaguely remember Megson saying something about that Croatian guy, Klasnic was it? when he signed...something along the lines of "I don't know who it is, it's Milan's club and he can bring in who he likes. Doesn't mean I have to play him." There was no backlash from the fans then, and when Klasnic didn't play, there was no moaning about us not playing the new signing. Why not be honest?!)

Like you I'm surprised Carlos says he has the final decision on incoming transfers if he doesn't. After all its not unusual in Europe & I believe Jokanovic at Fulham has said that he has no say on transfers & just works with what he's given.

11 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I think CC's always looking to do the right thing and remain professional, sometimes to his detriment. Lots of fans have, over time worked out what's been happening behind the scenes with our transfers, others still continue to blame Carlos.

It's also clear that CC has input in terms of being encouraged to put forward prospective targets and clearly some of those come off, I'd put Bannan and Hooper in this catagory. But the deal appears to be that CC accepts and supports any other signings but is not obliged to play them, he's managed to continue doing this without pressure to change because of the league finishes he's achieved.

Thankfully, it does now sound like he's getting more control. Like I said yesterday I'm open to any transfer activity in or out provided there's logic to it, something that's been evidently missing for some time.

Felt that Biggs article was excellent. Fingers crossed we shake it up s bit in the next 24hrs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I just cannot get my head around why some of our fans would be willing to let our best player leave for a promotion rival. Weaken us and strengthen them. Madness   WTF:

The way I look at it is if we didn't sell Forestieri to Fulham then they would buy someone else, say Gayle and be just as strong anyway and we are left with a player we don't even start every week.

Where as if we did sell him and reinvested the money then Carlos gets a player he definitely wants in his starting 11 every week to improve us.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

The way I look at it is if we didn't sell Forestieri to Fulham then they would buy someone else, say Gayle and be just as strong anyway and we are left with a player we don't even start every week.

Where as if we did sell him and reinvested the money then Carlos gets a player he definitely wants in his starting 11 every week to improve us.

Were FF sold to Fulham, and he knocked us out of the play-offs, there'd be hell to pay. We're not close to FFP limits. We can afford to have FF sit in the stands AND buy whom we need.

7 minutes ago, Athelwulf said:

Were FF sold to Fulham, and he knocked us out of the play-offs, there'd be hell to pay. We're not close to FFP limits. We can afford to have FF sit in the stands AND buy whom we need.

As long as he is replaced then if he goes to Fulham so be it.. like I said they would just buy someone as good as him who is also capable of knocking us out of the playoffs and it's not like we have the option not to sell him to a championship club.

It's not like we are talking about selling Bannan here. 

Forestieri wants to leave by all accounts and there have been no signs this season that Carlos is going to do much else but use him as a squad player at best. 

No brainer for me, especially if we get anywhere near the ridiculous 20 million pound fee being quoted.

Edited by pazowl55

6 hours ago, Big Ron's Sovereign said:

I just cannot get my head around why some of our fans would be willing to let our best player leave for a promotion rival. Weaken us and strengthen them. Madness   WTF:

Has someone bid for hooper too!

• Haha 1

So after 58 pages it appears no one was willing to pay the £3-4m for FF after all and Nixon's story about a £12m bid was obviously made up. 

You'll all point to the £12m/£15m/£18m bids from Fulham, but they were just forum whispers, never confirmed or denied by either club or respected media outlet and all stemmed from the original Nixon rumour in the Sun and Twitter, five days ago.

So ask yourself this, if Fulham FC had enough dosh to bid £12m + matching/increasing his wages last Sunday, then add that to the £7m income from Aluko, why did they only sign a free transfer and a loan player yesterday and lose out to Birmingham on Jota?

Click bait reporters like Nixon visits fans forums like this for their gossip every day . Coincidentally, there was a thread started on here last Friday about FF now being bookies favourite to join Fulham (based on nothing other than probably some one punting a £10). Two days later Nixon all over it with a £12m bid, he knew nothing and still does.

Anyway, roll on January when it can all start again, just choose your reporters wiser next time.