s6 owl

Forestieri to Fulham 12m

2 minutes ago, steelowl said:

seem to remember CC saying that the price quoted was silly and we weren't in that kind of market funny that karanka didnt play him much either  

I think he was overridden by DC who went all in FFP wise on a fans' favourite  

You're not the first to suggest this. 

McGugan pointed in the direction of being a gift. 

If this is the case I think it's imperative that the Hargreaves boys and their team of mods delete threads ALL about any potential players ,unless I have started it. :ph34r: 

• Haha 1

Big concern is that if we do sell FF in the coming days will we have enough time to get new players in. It has taken us so long to address the CB problem that I have doubts if we would have enough time to get deals done that maybe we didn't think we would be able to do without the money.  

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

You've realised it was a joke, haven't you?

:ghoulguy:

Your computer would be useless without dos.:biggrin:

• Haha 1

Am I missing something?

Isn't it normal to buy and sell players?

• Agree 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

You're not the first to suggest this. 

McGugan pointed in the direction of being a gift. 

If this is the case I think it's imperative that the Hargreaves boys and their team of mods delete threads ALL about any potential players ,unless I have started it. :ph34r: 

there has to be some credence to the notion that we have in fact run out of cash that we can spend FFP wise

Boro did the same the season before and debatably it worked I remember he scored at least one vital goal for them  you can see DC's thinking it just didn't pay off 

All this holier-than-crap gets right up my nose. FF is far and away the most telented player we have. OK, so he has a bit of a Latin temperament which is no big deal. Givr the guy some breathing space and get off his back.

He is the last player I would sell.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

I don't think Carlos has utilised FF (or a number of other players) properly for a long time. FF has been as hampered by our system as anyone else. 

His goals still won us more games than anyone else last season though. Still a pretty good season for him, even though a lot of our fans like to make out he offered nothing. 

Top scorer 2 seasons on the trot. Going to be a huge miss if he does go.

If the fee were £12m+ then we'd be getting 2015/16 money for the 2016/17 FF model. Good money which if spent well should see the overall unit significantly improved. I accept what you say about CC's utilisation of this and other playing assets 100%. I don't think that FF would be as big a miss as you do though.

There's a malaise at the club IMO at the moment and personally I'd like to see CC replaced as well as cashing in on FF.

Edited by Dagmeister

If we do sell Forestieri

I think some supporters are going to be upset if they think we will spunk all the transfer fee on new players

I think our wastage in the transfer market means we are well over FFP rules, and need to bring in a big fee to get back in line

Teams fighting at the top don't sell their best player to one of their rivals unless there are serious money issues

• Agree 4

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

I'd let Forestieri go for that anday if the money is right I'd be tempted to let Bannan go.

Agreed 100% on both points 

Forestieri is a no brainier at that price 

Bannan the same if we got a decent fee

just my opinion on Bannan, but when it really comes to the crunch, especially if they've got big lads on him he seems to go missing.

As I said just my opinion and I know there will be lots with different views 

This nearing FFP limits business is just a smokescreen to sell unhappy players. We weren't close, now we are. All of a sudden.

The first one out of the door should be Carlos.

I wouldn't worry about selling to rivals, because if we let that lot go we'll no longer be in the mix anyway.

Am I glad I didn't buy a three-year ticket. Jesu.

• Agree 1
  • Disagree 1

1 minute ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

If we do sell Forestieri

I think some supporters are going to be upset if they think we will spunk all the transfer fee on new players

I think our wastage in the transfer market means we are well over FFP rules, and need to bring in a big fee to get back in line

Teams fighting at the top don't sell their best player to one of their rivals unless there are serious money issues

Or unless there are serious issues with the player and are offered a whopping fee as compensation.

The signs seem to be that we are flirting with FFP breaches rather than busting them.

Cash in on both. Their combined height of 6' 2'' has ensured we haven't gained promotion. We know what we need and have failed to invest properly. Free up the cash and buy some big b'stards

• Agree 1

If Chansiri sells our best players, and keeps Carlos, then he can stick this project up his lectum. Sideways. Think about 'Udders and not a shot on target.

• Disagree 2

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

What reaction from Mr C? 

Are you his PA or something? 

It's just you talk about these things sometimes like you were there in the room. 

Sometimes you don't need someone to give words out of there mouth , a facial expression and a shrug of shoulders told me that it's highly unlikely he will be staying . 

I am concerned that Hooper and Bannan are being pursued: Is that because we have made it clear we need to sell with ffp in mind? Vultures gathering?

9 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

If we do sell Forestieri

Or the player is causing problems within the club, didn't Cantona get moved on from Leeds because of that, happens all the time

2 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

Sometimes you don't need someone to give words out of there mouth , a facial expression and a shrug of shoulders told me that it's highly unlikely he will be staying . 

What was that in reaction too though? Am I missing something (other than a lot of sleep)? 

3 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

When did you see this "shrug"?

Burtpn? 

1 hour ago, Bluey9 said:

Agreed 100% on both points 

Forestieri is a no brainier at that price 

Bannan the same if we got a decent fee

just my opinion on Bannan, but when it really comes to the crunch, especially if they've got big lads on him he seems to go missing.

As I said just my opinion and I know there will be lots with different views 

If players want to go, then in this day and age you've little choice but to agree to it. But if we get that kind of money, all other clubs will do is stick a 0 on the price of any player we want to sign. And what will we get for replacements, bearing in mind what's happened in the last few windows?

The first departure should be CC. He's lost two play-offs already and doubtless some of the players have lost faith. Let's hope Chansiri is recouping some brass for a new man.

• Disagree 1