At the end of last season.

Just now, ANDY said:

There was a strong rumour that Pardew was ready to step in.

simple question

would you take him now or stick with Carlos

Don't like Pardew but if this was just as simple as choose one or the other, I'd probably take Pardew. 

A different approach and outlook towards our squad may be all that's needed. 

Saying that, I would think our squad and club could attract better managers than either Carlos or Pardew. 

CC isn't getting anywhere near the performance level that this squad should be capable of, and looks unlikely to do so. So on that basis I wouldn't be exactly overjoyed with Pardew but he couldn't really be much worse and seems to be pretty much the best available option unless we were to poach a manager from another club.

3 minutes ago, Owling said:

A manager doesn't have to be out of work to sign him.

Nobody said a manager did have to be out of work in order to approach him

I'm a big fan of CC's persona and character - never been a fan of him as a coach/manager - think he has just about hit par and a better manager would have got a much better tune out of the squad

But i don't hear too many viable options to replace him from those calling for his head

Just now, scram said:

I'm a big fan of CC's persona and character - never been a fan of him as a coach/manager - think he has just about hit par and a better manager would have got a much better tune out of the squad

But i don't hear too many viable options to replace him from those calling for his head

Whenever anyone says sack manager the question all ways comes back " who's available though", everyone's available

4 minutes ago, scram said:

Why is it always assumed we have to go for a manager who is out of work. ? If we have the ambition DC says we have , then why not try and poach a manager that is already in a job ,

1 minute ago, Owling said:

Whenever anyone says sack manager the question all ways comes back " who's available though", everyone's available

That's not strictly true is it - but i take the point - up to a point...

My question is always "who would you replace him with"

But i don't hold my breath

Just now, S36 OWL said:

Why is it always assumed we have to go for a manager who is out of work. ? If we have the ambition DC says we have , then why not try and poach a manager that is already in a job ,

F*cking hell

Are there some invisible (to me) words in my post?

Where did i mention anything about in, or out of work managers?

12 minutes ago, scram said:

Always interested to hear your view Scram. What's your overall view as Carlos as a coach? Do you think we're under-performing?

1 minute ago, Eastleigh Owl said:

When you've been in a position where you really want shut of someone, then the opportunity arises to wield the axe and then you do finally get shut of the bloke you wanted shut of, then you think WTF am I going to do now, then, and only then will you understand.

Thanks for that... Carlos.

• Haha 1