A little perspective

This is not a Carlos thread, there are far too many of those currently on here. As a millennial supporter  (25 years young) it is fair to say I am of the generation of Owls that have endured pehaps one of the most fruitless periods of Wednesday's history without knowing the joys of seeing Sheridan slot home the Rumberlows winner, watching Hirsty and Waddle in full flow or even our brief flirt with Europe to ease the pain. As fans of this era it is clear to us that we are at the beginning of a new golden age of the owls. Wether you want Carlos out or not you've got to at least appreciate what has happened to the club in the last couple of years, successive Playoff appearances, talent on the field the likes of which has not been seen since the mid 90s and an owner who is determined to see us back where we belong. I don't think enough can be said about how far we've come and where we are heading in the long run. I can't say wether getting rid of Carlos would be the right or wrong decision but I feel it is important to appreciate what we have got and what has been accomplished. After all it wasn't that long ago we were mid table in league 1 and facing a potential winding up order.   

So all that being said what has been your lowest point as a Wednesday supporter? 

This is is my first thread so feel free to neg away!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, chazzyowl said:

This is not a Carlos thread, there are far too many of those currently on here. As a millennial supporter  (25 years young) it is fair to say I am of the generation of Owls that have endured pehaps one of the most fruitless periods of Wednesday's history without knowing the joys of seeing Sheridan slot home the Rumberlows winner, watching Hirsty and Waddle in full flow or even our brief flirt with Europe to ease the pain. As fans of this era it is clear to us that we are at the beginning of a new golden age of the owls. Wether you want Carlos out or not you've got to at least appreciate what has happened to the club in the last couple of years, successive Playoff appearances, talent on the field the likes of which has not been seen since the mid 90s and an owner who is determined to see us back where we belong. I don't think enough can be said about how far we've come and where we are heading in the long run. I can't say wether getting rid of Carlos would be the right or wrong decision but I feel it is important to appreciate what we have got and what has been accomplished. After all it wasn't that long ago we were mid table in league 1 and facing a potential winding up order.   

So all that being said what has been your lowest point as a Wednesday supporter? 

Successive play offs count for nothing if you don't win them , we really need to shake off the look where we were and be happy with glorious failure mindset 

2 minutes ago, the monk said:

Successive play offs count for nothing if you don't win them , we really need to shake off the look where we were and be happy with glorious failure mindset 

Totally missed the point of this thread. I'm not interested in your views on Carlos it's been done to death. Just saying that compared to recent history we are heading in the right direction. Be it with Carlos or not. 

13 minutes ago, chazzyowl said:

Whoa steady on fella! This is Owlstalk, you can't go posting sensible shiz like that on here!

Welcome to the forum!

The day we were relegated by Crystal Palace, complete with a shocking Jeffers non-header, a Leon Clarke broken toe, and a bunch of fans swinging punches on the pitch after the final whistle, I felt like giving up on football, to be honest.

Only blind loyalty dragged me back for the first game of the next season!

16 minutes ago, chazzyowl said:

Welcome aboard and a cracking first post

Don't let the strange ones on here put you off 

I look forward to more posts from you :)

Owlstalk Shop

11 minutes ago, chazzyowl said:

Totally missed the point of this thread. I'm not interested in your views on Carlos it's been done to death. Just saying that compared to recent history we are heading in the right direction. Be it with Carlos or not. 

What's the table telling you?

I went today and it was no better than 3 years ago 

Can't remember who it was against but Alan Irvine was in charge and we were 3-0 down after 20 minutes at home in a midweek game against someone bobbar ! I thought this is a bad as it gets . We had Mark Reynolds at left back and every time he got the ball he pinged it into the south stand

People are fizzing as united won. I knew this would happen.

I don't think we played badly at a tough spot, should've won.

I think we need some of the speed and strength they have to counter more often but we played some good stuff, we'd be nothing without Hooper though 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chazzyowl said:

good post.

it's frustrating but certainly not the lowest point. Not by a long way.

Getting relegated against Palace. That game was the stuff of nightmares. 

13 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Totally missed the point of this thread

He asked me if we were heading in the right direction , I asked him to look at the table. 

We are in the same division as we were in 17 years ago , we were losing money due to overpaid players and managers not doing there jobs prooerly and we still are today 

34 minutes ago, the monk said:

We are in the same division as we were in 17 years ago , we were losing money due to overpaid players and managers not doing there jobs prooerly and we still are today 

Fair play, I would argue that we are more financially stable than we were back then as we don't owe anyone any money. FFP may become an issue but the wages are a product of football's ridiculous economy. Things could be better yes (the grass is always greener) but my original point was that generally over the course of the past 17 years things have been worse and therefore there is nothing wrong with looking at our current situation with a little positivity. You've got to find joy from somewhere. 

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

The day we were relegated by Crystal Palace, complete with a shocking Jeffers non-header, a Leon Clarke broken toe, and a bunch of fans swinging punches on the pitch after the final whistle, I felt like giving up on football, to be honest.

Only blind loyalty dragged me back for the first game of the next season!

The forest relegation in 90 was tough to take and probs my lowest point, especially as we are cruising 5/6 games before then it all fell apart. That coupled with pigs being promoted on same day .. .. oh lord ... Cried my eyes out on way home . Had a wedding reception at night for a colleague and my boss was a pig fan , he was ripping p1ss out of me so I just went home. Horrible horrible day ! 

Lowest point, Forest at home 0-3 in '91, when the third goal went in. We'd played the most attractive football I'd seen in 25y as a supporter, and we were relegated by Stuart Pearce's left foot. The year after he'd famously failed for his country. His timing was all wrong. 

As for this season, probably too east to right CC off, but the signs aren't great. Would love to see the slick passing and endless pressing that we saw in CC's first season. 

UTO