Just got home thread

We struggled to breakdown a physical team scraping for points - but we have had that problem for a long time now, we need to find a way to win these games.

Hooper looked dangerous throughout and was probably man of the match, Reach continues to improve.

The referee had a stinker and favoured them, but that's no excuse.

Highlight of the day? The short journey home.

My lad's just got back, (i was a Gnats short on priority points) and i was interested to hear if it had been the same meltdown actually at the match as followed the Preston game and indeed on here.

He said it wasn't. There wasn't any booing or slagging the players and they took the applause of the fans after the final whistle.

Looking at the usual total & complete meltdown on here i have to assume it's the social media warriors who are the ones going into hysteria fits where the fans who actually went saw it somewhat differently.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

My lad's just got back, (i was a Gnats short on priority points) and i was interested to hear if it had been the same meltdown actually at the match as followed the Preston game and indeed on here.

He said it wasn't. There wasn't any booing or slagging the players and they took the applause of the fans after the final whistle.

Looking at the usual total & complete meltdown on here i have to assume it's the social media warriors who are the ones going into hysteria fits where the fans who actually went saw it somewhat differently.

no booing and Pudil and Hunt gave their shirts to a couple of junior fans at the end.

• Like 1

Atmosphere was great until they scored. Ref was shuffle. How he missed their CB punching the ball only he will know. Everyone else in the ground saw it. Having said that really not good enough from us. Got to kill teams like that off and we never looked like doing so

Think I've got back from a different game

I thought we were slow, ran out of ideas and for the second half Bywater may have brought out a deckchair and a newspaper as he had nothing to do

We had 20-30m worth of talent on the pitch and we didn't seem to have the know how or ability to break down or create chances against a well coached and organised side

As far as individual performances Boyd was non existent for most of the game, Jones was Jones typified by his booking for pussying out of a tackle, Reach and Fox meh.

Bannan huffed and puffed but he can't do it all himself. Hooper scored a good goal but we had two balls fly across the six yard box in the second half and neither of our forwards were anywhere to be seen

The ref was awful. How on earth their forward didnt see red for the knee high lunge on Westwood was beyond me. Every physical challenge by Burton was waved on and anytime Wednesday went near a Burton player it was a free kick 

Carlos for me was way too negative AGAIN. The game against a perceived weaker side should have been an opportunity to play the more offensive diamond but no back to the predictable 4-4-2 which is so easy to set up against

Not good enough today and from what I've seen so far this season it isn't getting any better anytime soon

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

I thought we were slow, ran out of ideas and for the second half Bywater may have brought out a deckchair and a newspaper as he had nothing to do

We had 20-30m worth of talent on the pitch and we didn't seem to have the know how or ability to break down or create chances against a well coached and organised side

As far as individual performances Boyd was non existent for most of the game, Jones was Jones typified by his booking for pussying out of a tackle, Reach and Fox meh.

Bannan huffed and puffed but he can't do it all himself. Hooper scored a good goal but we had two balls fly across the six yard box in the second half and neither of our forwards were anywhere to be seen

The ref was awful. How on earth their forward didnt see red for the knee high lunge on Westwood was beyond me. Every physical challenge by Burton was waved on and anytime Wednesday went near a Burton player it was a free kick 

Carlos for me was way too negative AGAIN. The game against a perceived weaker side should have been an opportunity to play the more offensive diamond but no back to the predictable 4-4-2 which is so easy to set up against

This is how I saw it

Albeit by TV

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Not good enough today and from what I've seen so far this season it isn't getting any better anytime soon

42 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Must have been the Burton fans booing at the final whistle that i heard 

25 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Alright mate. Agreed - I only see Carlos going 4-4-2 away from home playing a pragmatic brand of football hoping to get a 1-0 win. I don't see him deviating from this. He may go with a diamond or 4-3-3 at home but I still fear we will play the same slow first half's and we will

invariably go in 0-0 or 0-1 at half time. We are slow, one-paced and predictable in our play. 

I dont see it changing and in that regard I would relieve him of his duties now. We need freshening up!

For those who went how did Boyd and Reach play?  I know everyone is criticising Carlos and the tactics but at Fulham I thought these 2 were good (I couldn't get a ticket for today).  They rely on full backs overlapping a lot of the time but in Hunt and Fox we have 2 lads with the energy to do this - perhaps not yet the killer delivery.