Last Seasons Play Offs

Guest Ash76

They're gone, get over it. If we fail to get over them as a club we will almost certainly be held back.

We have to look forward, 1 game at a time, Burton Saturday, come on Wednesday 

1 hour ago, Ash76 said:

They're gone, get over it. If we fail to get over them as a club we will almost certainly be held back.

People don't have an issued with the playoffs. They have an issue with the fact that we show no signs of having improved since the drab playoff performance.

I'm not over the play offs. Can't help it. I'm sick of seeing Huddersfield fans walking about with lions on their shirts and car stickers saying premier league. Am I jealous?  You bet I am. They're living the dream. That could have been us. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased for them. They're a smallish club who have done wonders on the budget they had and the chairman really looks after those fans. I hope they stay up just to prove everyone wrong.

Back to us, I just hope we get kickstarted soon with some venom or it will be another scrap for the play offs. Oh.... I'm not sure my heart can take another one. 

Our performances in the playoffs have got worse. Good first leg against Brighton, second leg we did what we had to and finished the job. Drab final (can't remember us having a shot at goal). Poor in the first leg against Huddersfield and lucky to be going back at 0-0 and then scared stiff of playing against them at home. 

At 1-0 up, udders were rattled for ten minutes. Then Fletcher came off and Quaner came on to destroy pudil. We still could have won it in extra time but I knew we'd blow it on pens. 1993 fa cup final replay was far worse. We had a brilliant team who had been the best form team in the country for months and mark bright missed a sitter from 6 yards to win it. The injury time winner that came from a deflection for a corner. That hurt, it still does. I'm over the play offs. The best team won

flip me it's only football.

Have a kid, get a new job, choose life, speak to people, have a great night out, meet people, choose the cinema, learn a language, walk from john o'groats to lands end, move to another city, visit other countries, study for a degree, try water ski-ing, have a weekend break thats not Skegness.

Do something to distract yourself.

Yeah I'm not over it. We turned up and bent over. That's what annoys me. We showed no ambition or urgency. We basically threw it away and that's what bothers me. 

In the final at Hull the year before and against Huddersfield we just didn't play at anything like what we are capable. We might be waiting for a chance as good as that a while longer. 

5 minutes ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

flip me it's only football.

Have a kid, get a new job, choose life, speak to people, have a great night out, meet people, choose the cinema, learn a language, walk from john o'groats to lands end, move to another city, visit other countries, study for a degree, try water ski-ing, have a weekend break thats not Skegness.

Do something to distract yourself.

I've done all that and I'm still not over the playoffs

• Haha 3

Loads of people really do need to stop crying about the playoffs. Whatever the stat is about playoff clubs not doing as well the next season* - this board is embodying that stat in slow motion.

*dunno what the stat actually is - just make one up to suit my narrative please.

9 hours ago, Ash76 said:

You brought them up again ... as obviously intended