Sign in to follow this  
RichSheffWeds

Burton on Saturday

1 minute ago, DJMortimer said:

The more defensive approach is not tolerable due to it bringing good results either. Our record in those 9 games is W3 D4 L2 F8 A7.

I think it's safe to say we're not going to beat many teams convincingly - we haven't really for some time save for the odd performance.

However, as your stats say, we don't get hammered either. We sort of grind our way through games.

Think too many people still hear 'Burton' and think 'small club' etc, because of the history. 

Doesn't  matter one jot.

They're in the same division as us  on merit and it's 11v11. 

Westwood back the excellent Hooper/Fletcher back after being rested tonight. 

The type of game we need to be winning if we are truely aiming top two

1 hour ago, DJMortimer said:

Getting more than 3 shots on target would be a start. We've not done that in any of our last 9 league and play-off games.

Your just making it up

Had five on target tonight (sky sports ) ????

2 hours ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

If we are at our best I don't think we will lose to Burton to be honest we have much more quality than they do however, anything less than this and we will struggle to get the win 

We had more quality than Bolton and look what happened. Quality means nothing if the tactics arnt right.

Burton are a strong physical team and it won't be easy. If we get a result, it won't be a convincing one.

They'll be on a high after winning their first league game last week and beating top of the league Cardiff on their own patch.

4 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Burton will be up for it on Saturday.

Big club in town. They will be physical, just the type of situation Clough will love. 

Unless we are 100% on our game and ready for a battle we will get beat. 

It's the sort of game where we have been turned over time and time again over the years.

Must admit I'm really not looking forward to this game one bit.

Can see the bang same happening as last year.

Hope I'm wrong. 

This next 7-8 days is massive for us, I don't think it will define our season but make no mistake there's a lot riding on it. 3pts against Burton and some positive transfer activity and we've a platform to push forward. Defeat and a flat window then our 150th could spiral in to chaos. 

I dont need a huge signing, one that makes sense before and two months after would do me!!! 

Thus far CC has always recovered strongly from result wobbles and is perfectly capable of doing so again, he has at least 12 games IMO, even then DC may not act. In the meantime Megson sits by the phone as many of CC's staunchest supporters (myself included) shuffle uncomfortably on the fence.

Edit....not deliberate enormous text!

Edited by Morepork

I'd take the scrappiest of scrappy wins against Burton, don't care how we get it in the slightest. 

3 points is all that matters. 

21 hours ago, DJMortimer said:

Getting more than 3 shots on target would be a start. We've not done that in any of our last 9 league and play-off games.

19 hours ago, honest owl said:

Your just making it up

Had five on target tonight (sky sports ) ????

Does that help?