Burton on Saturday

Burton will be up for it on Saturday.

Big club in town. They will be physical, just the type of situation Clough will love. 

Unless we are 100% on our game and ready for a battle we will get beat. 

It's the sort of game where we have been turned over time and time again over the years.

4 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Hope you are right. 

Not got a good feeling.

It's not the type of game that suits our managers continental tactical genius though is it? 

Burton will make it tough but we do have some strength in our team 

fox

loovens

lees

hooper

fletch

all capable of a battle with others also 

4 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

We will be up for it

will be physical battle so team

westwood

hunt

lees

loovens

fox

boyd

jones

bannan

reach

hooper

fletch

get Rhodes on 60 minute mark or maybe start him tbf after confidence of today

I think this is team we'll see although I wouldn't be against us having Dave / Rhodes up top with Hooper behind and Jones / Reach / Boyd making up diamond. 

Think Burton exactly the opposition having a giant comes in handy for. All depends on Fletcher's knock 

1 minute ago, Philb125 said:

I think this is team we'll see although I wouldn't be against us having Dave / Rhodes up top with Hooper behind and Jones / Reach / Boyd making up diamond. 

Think Burton exactly the opposition having a giant comes in handy for. All depends on Fletcher's knock 

Fletch should be ok , if not Rhodes with hooper but we would miss fletch to be fair ! 

Should put in a cheeky little bid for Jackson Irvine, put his mind all over the place....withdraws from the match day squad...sorted

then an steam roller burton

think we did it to Bolton a few seasons back with mark Davies, and the transfer didn't go through in the end haha

Just now, Markowski77 said:

Should put in a cheeky little bid for Jackson Irvine, put his mind all over the place....withdraws from the match day squad...sorted

think we did it to Bolton a few seasons back with mark Davies, and the transfer didn't go through in the end haha

Can we go through with Irvine transfer though? Exactly type of player could use with no Lee in contention. 

3 minutes ago, Markowski77 said:

With our current tactics, it will be a miracle like the parting of the Red Sea if we steam roller anyone. 

Call me negative but the likelihood of that away at Burton is slim. 

1 minute ago, Lawrie Madden said:

If you didn't see them against Brum last Friday do yourself a favour and watch it if you can find it 

Burton were excellent 

We could be at our best and still lose to them it will be a very tough match 

If we are at our best I don't think we will lose to Burton to be honest we have much more quality than they do however, anything less than this and we will struggle to get the win 

12 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Getting more than 3 shots on target would be a start. We've not done that in any of our last 9 league and play-off games.

The more defensive approach is not tolerable due to it bringing good results either. Our record in those 9 games is W3 D4 L2 F8 A7.

Just now, steelcityowlsfan said:

No easy games in this league but to coin a phrase I will be "bitterly disappointed" if we don't come back with 3 points

Agree , yes it's a tough game but one should be capable of winning  , a draw wouldn't be awful providing we actually play well!