Go to pub drink 10 pints

Really minor negative for me on Saturday was in the pub before and after the game singing this song referring to ourselves as woman beaters. I'm sure the majority of us can agree this is not something we particularly want being associated with Wednesday tbh.

Am I just being too soft or does anyone else get this?

• Haha 4

Just now, Stokey said:

Go to pub

drink 10 pints

Get flippingplastered

Go back home

Beat the wife

We're the Wednesday rumblezoids

It was something along those lines. Made me a tad uncomfortable.

Sounds a pretty crap song and I wouldn't want to be associated with it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MBMitchell said:

Haha really

Did anyone who heard that song think, mmmm I'm frustrated they've given me an idea I'm gonna batter the wife when I get home

Seriously is that your first away game?????

No they wouldn't but it is not really the point is it.

I do love the "we're the Wednesday b*****s" bit as I've heard many rivals fans refer to us as that over the years.

Like any football chant, I wouldn't take much notice of the lyrics. I can't say I've ever walked up to a random Blade and said: "surrender or you'll die."

Edited by Bassett's Allsorts
  • Haha 4

I guess the point I was making was that songs like that might start earning us as a fanbase a negative reputation as backwards hooligans or summat which reflects badly on the club. Just the feeling I got. Maybe I'm wrong and missing some wider context to it?

1 minute ago, Stokey said:

I guess the point I was making was that songs like that might start earning us as a fanbase a negative reputation as backwards hooligans or summat which reflects badly on the club. Just the feeling I got. Maybe I'm wrong and missing some wider context to it?

If it hasn't got us that now its not about to start - fans have been singing that for decades and its usually older fans that sing it.