Rhodes to L**ds??

8 minutes ago, York_Owl said:

Five million to zero, have his legs fallen off or sommat?

We're not a selling club these days. I very much doubt our chairman would even entertain five million for Forestieri especially to a championship rival.

Silly billy, you have to have players other clubs want first of all.

34 minutes ago, NYCOWL said:

So if Forestieri was up for sale at 5 million pounds there would be no takers?

lol

bless you flower, you are a special one

I'm a special one yet you're posting a question that isn't relevant to anything I've said. You should try politics.

Lets refresh your memory. Here's what I posted.

"Who said owt about paying treble? If it was treble that value I think we'd move on, he's not worth that. £5m tops for me."

Now to answer your question, Yes, I believe there would be takers at £5m and we would be would of them. Anymore than that and we'd move on.

Does that make sense? I'll say it again, £5m and I believe we would be interested, any more and I think we'd move on. That's not saying other clubs would share the same opinion and there would be no takers.

Edited by just visiting

I'll concede one thing. Once you get involved in a debate I tend to stop reading properly.

Because I know you aren't here for reasoned debate, you are here to antagonise.

And that as soon as Leeds aren't above us you'll disappear for 6 months.

18 minutes ago, just visiting said:

I'm a special one yet you're posting a question that isn't relevant to anything I've said. You should try politics.

"Who said owt about paying treble? If it was treble that value I think we'd move on, he's not worth that. £5m tops for me."

Now to answer your question, Yes, I believe there would be takers at £5m and we would be would of them. Anymore than that and we'd move on.

Does that make sense? I'll say it again, £5m and I believe we would be interested, any more and I think we'd move on. That's not saying other clubs would share the same opinion and there would be no takers.

You best start looking at other targets then. I'm sure there are some decent strikers in the lower leagues.

5 hours ago, modboy said:

Not as bad as Hooper's miss yesterday 

Keeper had his fist on the ball at same time as Hooper head, should have been a corner, watched it back about 10 times. Rhodes had a gaping open goal. 

That miss and thr other sitter header vs Sunderland has cost us 4 points. 

To put it in perspective Mooy cost 10m. We've had our pants down on Rhodes. 

Don't agree with selling Rhodes and especially not to dirty Leeds. Though he rightly isn't first choice just now, and hasn't scored the goals we might have expected,  Rhodes creates depth, we will need him over the season, and I am confident he will score goals. He is part of the type of strike force we need. Proper centre forwards who can work as a pair. Hooper and Fletcher can't play all the time, and will be injured at some stage, and will have a lean streak as well, and Rhodes will come in and be a threat. Think it's really important that we play 2 complimentary strikers, and Rhodes should work with either Fletcher or Hooper. Leeds need to replace Woods with a prolific marksman and we shouldn't be willing to supply one for them. Over a season we will need lots of forwards, and we will need 4 in most games. Look at how our resources are currently stretched in midfield, it's not costing us because we have depth there, we need forward depth even more. Rhodes must stay and we need to retain trust and confidence in him even though it's not clicked yet.

4 hours ago, just visiting said:

I can't see Wednesday selling for 50% of what they've just paid, and in any case Leeds won't sign a £10 million striker any more than Wednesday will sign a £5 million defender. There's a relationship between wages and transfer fee, and neither player would fit into our clubs' wage structures. Winnall's feasible, and would be a better bet in my view. His wages are similar to Wood's, and he's no chance of playing regularly here.

1 hour ago, Athelwulf said:

Winnall could be a goer, because his wages are similar to Wood's. Rhodes, no chance, because of his salary demands and Leeds' wage structure.

Just pay half his wages and pocket the transfer fee. Go buy some players we need to inject a bit of variety and pace into the side. 

And Athelwulf this isn't aimed at you mate but Ive seen Rhodes and 'threat' on this thread a fair bit. 

I can't remember seeing him look threatening at all in a Weds shirt. Pedestrian would be more the description. 

10m for pedestrian I bet the lollipop lady is laughing all the way to the bank!