Rhodes to L**ds??

While Jordan Rhodes' goalscoring record is always going to draw interest from other clubs; considering he's only been here a relatively short time and showed indifferent form, I think it's strange that their seems to be so many stories about potential transfers.

Clearly either the player wants a move, or the club are trying their best to flog him.

31 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Why on earth would you want to guarantee a play off rival 20 goals a season ?

Well that's 10 goals fewer than the player he'd be replacing bagged last season!

I like Rhodes and I desperately hope he does well here, but the facts are that he's struggling to score in our playing style and despite his reputation for "guaranteed goals" his record has waned in recent seasons, he hasn't had the "goal every other game" average that he used to guarantee for his last 3 seasons. Plus he'd bring in a decent fee and free up a lot of wages.

personally get rid of him. 

Hes been the most hyped yet most disappointing signing we have ever made. 

We have hooper, fletch, winnel and big Dave can do a job. 

Plus it's obvious we are at the limit of ffp. If we can bully Leeds over the fee (with them just having got 15m + for woods) try make a profit on him. 

Guest wilyfox

My opinion about Rhodes depends on how Carlos wants to play. Flat 4-4-2, keep Rhodes and get some pace and quality outwide. Midfield diamond, we need someone more dynamic than Rhodes up top. Carlos seems torn between the two, which means players are in and out struggling for form and rhythm. 

I don't know why we signed him in the first place, especially as his signing appears to have put us in FFP jeopardy. The main reason I was anti his signing was, he didn't look right for the way we play. Nothing I've seen so far has made me change my mind.

Should he be sold? Well that depends on how Carlos sets us up going forward. There's been a lot of talk about us playing a more attacking style, which may suit, not only Rhodes, but all of our forwards. However, I'd have to say that, despite the talk, there's not been too much evidence of this new attacking style. It's early days of course, and if there is to be a change of tack which might benefit our front players, then we should keep him. If though, that's just bluster, then perhaps we should sell and use the money to bring in the type of players who can help perfect our more cagey style.

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

I don't know why we signed him in the first place, especially as his signing appears to have put us in FFP jeopardy. The main reason I was anti his signing was, he didn't look right for the way we play. Nothing I've seen so far has made me change my mind.

Should he be sold? Well that depends on how Carlos sets us up going forward. There's been a lot of talk about us playing a more attacking style, which may suit, not only Rhodes, but all of our forwards. However, I'd have to say that, despite the talk, there's not been too much evidence of this new attacking style. It's early days of course, and if there is to be a change of tack which might benefit our front players, then we should keep him. If though, that's just bluster, then perhaps we should sell and use the money to bring in the type of players who can help perfect our more cagey style.

I can't find it but Rhodes was quoted saying our style of play suited him (the first season of CC) however cc turned stubborn and changed this way in his second season. This is his third and bannan has been quoted saying they want to find a happy medium so I do think Rhodes will do well this year when it all starts snowballing and getting better confidence hopefully now we've got the 3 points.

Guest BULGARIA

cant see Rhodes moving on.

As much as i would think he is frustrated with his time at swfc, surely his agent and his own mind will be telling him that 2 failed moves within the past 2 years would be bad for his image and value. Having said that, i personally think it was a rash move to buy him, not a go at Rhodes, but our style of play

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Lasogga linked isn't he. Rhodes is a completely different style of forward as well. I think you'll be after a big unit like wood who's also mobile.

We may not even replace him like for like.

The managers preferred system is 4-3-3, for that reason I think we may be looking for an attacking left sided player. FF would fit that system perfectly.

Forestieri        Saiz         Aloiski

As a front three would make me very happy.

7 minutes ago, just visiting said:

We may not even replace him like for like.

The managers preferred system is 4-3-3, for that reason I think we may be looking for an attacking left sided player. FF would fit that system perfectly.

Forestieri        Saiz         Aloiski

As a front three would make me very happy.

He'd definitely thrive on that system and it's nice to know you suddenly rate him again lol