Rhodes to L**ds??

Leeds United are reportedly keen on Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes.

According to the Daily Mail, Leeds United are plotting a move for Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes as they line up potential replacements for Chris Wood ahead of the transfer deadline.

The Whites saw Wood, 25, enjoy a remarkable campaign last season as he notched 30 goals in all competitions, but the New Zealand international is now believed to be on the verge of completing a £15million move to Premier League side Burnley.

Wood, who was omitted from Saturday's win over Sunderland in order to facilitate his move to Burnley, will leave a huge hole in the Leeds attack, and manager Thomas Christiansen must now eye up other strikers - especially as Caleb Ekuban suffered an injury against Sunderland.

Now, the Daily Mail report that Leeds are lining up a move for Sheffield Wednesday striker Jordan Rhodes - though it's claimed that Championship rivals Wolverhampton Wanderers are leading the race for his signature as they bid to add more firepower this summer.

• Thanks 1

If we made a profit with this I'd get rid.

while ever we have CC as manager I don't think Rhodes will be a major player for us. £12million, more game time for Winnall and hopefully flexibility to bring in a couple of extra defensive players would do nicely.

Christ I hope this is nonesense.

If we have given up so soon on the Championship's top scorer of the last 8 years then it's a terrible indictment of Carlos's mismanagement.

Hooper and Fletch are our best pairing, but we know they will have plenty of time out. To have to rely on Winnall, and worst of all, Forestieri, as our replacement strikers would be a huge step backwards.

Edited by Holmowl
  • Haha 2

Guest We Shall Overcome
20 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

At the moment we have to be a selling club to be a buying club, so some one will have to go for a decent price.

It seem's that will be either FF or Rhodes.

I don't know where you are getting your information from,but it is way off the mark, don't believe every thing you read.