Worked hard, did well defensively but didn't offer much going forward.  On the train home we were sat with 2 Hull fans.  They give their team little chance this season unless they make some big signings in the window by the way.  They were both Boyd fans, he is unspectacular but gets through plenty of work and is generally reliable, 

4 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

What was Boyd like? Heard some positive comments on Twitter but nothing specific 

As the other poster said he worked hard and in 2nd half cut out the threat on their left side which allowed Bazza to start bossing the middle. Just my opinion but I'd like to see him do more going forwards. On the left Adam Reach was doing the same job but was also getting into positions in their box.  Give it a few weeks he should start to come good. 

46 minutes ago, SheffWed-1867 said:

Did he offer more than Wallace the last 2 games ? Both defensively and offensively ?

I don't think Wallace would have given Jack Hunt the support that Boyd gave yesterday and he really needed it.  Going forward Wallace has a great delivery but I thought he was quiet in the last 2 home games.  Don't know if this means Boyd is better going forwards but he covers a lot of ground and I can see him being a threat when he finds his feet just through his energy getting forwards.