Jones will have to get injured before Hutch gets back in...

This won't be popular but those 6 games we won in a row at the end of last season came when Jones was in the team with Hutch out injured. 

There is is no denying Hutchinson is a fantastic player, just Jones seems to be playing with confidence now and he does a good job. As someone else mentioned, he has more patience than Hutchinson. 

Added to to the fact we don't give away half as many free kicks when Hutchinson isn't in the team. 

Jones was excellent yesterday. 

9 hours ago, shandypants said:

because the Jones/Bannan partnership has been a real contributing factor in our upturn IMO. 

Bannon has been sensational but I think this has, in part, been down to Jones' outstanding contribution in the middle of the park - the latter's solid play allows the former to express himself. 

I can't see a fit Hutch getting back in the team ahead of Jones. 

Thoughts?

Hutchinson "could" be the best player in the league, sadly he has the brain of a giddy toddler once he gets on the football pitch, not to mention the knees of the gingerbread man 

Jones reads the game and plays that role much better. If we had someone with Jones' positional sense but could also run we'd be laughing 

When Hutch plays it's more or less a 5-3-2 great in defence but as a team we struggle to create much.

That's not saying Hutch is a bad player. Hutch's strengths are defensive (CB) and that he can come back from injury, join as a sub anytime and gels straight into the side(which is a real rare skill). 

I would keep Bannan and Jones in the centre, let them settle and create a good understanding with each other. Leave Hutch on the bench to jump in when if needed.

13 hours ago, NYCOWL said:

I don't understand the stick Jones gets.

Hes a very capable player, and he seems to get the best out of Bannan

Maybe because he is the sort of player who does the dirty work and goes un-noticed 

I think Hutchinson's an excellent player, and has had many MOM performances for us, particularly at CB. It's noteworthy however that both Lees and Bannan have looked less able playing alongside him. I suspect his play is less disciplined than either Loovens or Jones, and so perhaps he's less easy to play alongside.

I'd still like to see Hutchinson at CB again though. Maybe it would only reveal that Lees is less steady by his side, or perhaps there's a better combination amongst the CBs than Lees + another.

Jones isn't an eye catching player but his record of playing in promotion winning teams speaks for its self, plus its very rare he actually loses the ball and as has been said Bannan, who when he is on top form I rate as our most important player, does seem to be playing better with him.

6 hours ago, torres said:

Hutchinson "could" be the best player in the league, sadly he has the a) brain of a giddy toddler once he gets on the football pitch, not to mention the b) knees of the gingerbread man 

Is that actually true though?

a) How many times last season did he get sent off?

b) How many matches did he play in last season?

3 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Jones isn't an eye catching player but his record of playing in promotion winning teams speaks for its self, plus its very rare he actually loses the ball and as has been said Bannan, who when he is on top form I rate as our most important player, does seem to be playing better with him.

^^^^^^

This 

12 minutes ago, Spookone said:

Is that actually true though?

a) How many times last season did he get sent off? Twice last season Brighton and Bristol City 

b) How many matches did he play in last season? 33 / 50 

More games than I expected tbf