Jones will have to get injured before Hutch gets back in...

because the Jones/Bannan partnership has been a real contributing factor in our upturn IMO. 

Bannon has been sensational but I think this has, in part, been down to Jones' outstanding contribution in the middle of the park - the latter's solid play allows the former to express himself. 

I can't see a fit Hutch getting back in the team ahead of Jones. 

Thoughts?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Jones is a steady performer.  He cuts angles and has a level of patience that Sam doesn't have!

But I would never rule Hutch out of still having a big part to play in our season. 

Hutch will have a part to play but it'll be either as a centre-half or if Jones gets injured or has a spectacular loss of form IMO. 

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

Hutch will have a part to play but it'll be either as a centre-half or if Jones gets injured or has a spectacular loss of form IMO. 

Horses for courses. There will be some games where Jones is better option...Some where Hutch and his rampaging enthusiasm is needed. 

Some where both are needed. Like in a derby!

Mind. At the moment I don't even know Hutchs situation 

Didn't see the Fulham game but thought he was our weakest link against Sunderland, then he popped up with a screamer. Bannan and Jones partnership seems to be working at the moment, with bannan in particular in very good form so I wouldn't change it at the moment but Jones is yet to fully convince me. 

Jones had a steady game and looked solid and compact.  Fulham did try and press him and he almost turned the ball over a few times in dangerous positions but got away with it.  In my view a good back up for Hutch, but not first choice for me.

Even if Hutch was 100% fit on Saturday, I wouldn't touch that midfield. But Sam hasn't looked right since March, and has played in matches where he should have been resting. 

I do think however that as soon as he is anywhere near fit Carlos will put him back in. Remember he foolishly broke up a record winning side to make room for Hutch. He will probably do so again, and again.

• Like 1

I don't really rate jones , although he played well yesterday . Having said that , bannan plays 10x better with him than Hutchinson , who for me I can't really see the point of. He's constantly going off after 20 mins , getting booked and tbh the team seems to play better (obviously not every time) without him . 

100% committed player , but for me his wage could be better used elsewhere 

1 minute ago, james o connor said:

I don't really rate jones , although he played well yesterday . Having said that , bannan plays 10x better with him than Hutchinson , who for me I can't really see the point of. He's constantly going off after 20 mins , getting booked and tbh the team seems to play better (obviously not every time) without him . 

100% committed player , but for me his wage could be better used elsewhere 

Cant agree about his wage being used better.

Fabulous utility player to have on the bench. Covers two positions and even a third (RB not goalie) excellently. The new Semedo?

I completely agree that he shouldn't start in midfield. We have several better CMs, though only two are fit right now.

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

because the Jones/Bannan partnership has been a real contributing factor in our upturn IMO. 

Bannon has been sensational but I think this has, in part, been down to Jones' outstanding contribution in the middle of the park - the latter's solid play allows the former to express himself. 

I can't see a fit Hutch getting back in the team ahead of Jones. 

Thoughts?

Thoughts are yes your right, he will though as was proven in the second leg of the play off semi, Carlos know who he likes .

9 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Cant agree about his wage being used better.

Fabulous utility player to have on the bench. Covers two positions and even a third (RB not goalie) excellently. The new Semedo?

I completely agree that he shouldn't start in midfield. We have several better CMs, though only two are fit right now.

If he was on semedos wage , I'd agree. But he's going to be on a hell of lot more and is always injured . 

10 minutes ago, james o connor said:

If he was on semedos wage , I'd agree. But he's going to be on a hell of lot more and is always injured . 

I would rather have Hutch available for important cameos 40 games a season, than play 17-20 full games in CM carrying a knock.

Added to which he is not as good as our other CMs.