Bannan and Jones

Bannan clearly plays better alongside Jones.

I think everyone feels more comfortable with Jones as they know exactly where he'll be.

Hutch can be a headless chicken, which at times is brilliant and has won us goals and games, but at other times puts others off their own games.

Hutch as cover for CB and an option to change games in MF for me.

21 minutes ago, helmut_rooster said:

But what about in the last 8? Or does that completely ollox things up? 

I looked back to include matches since 1st Jan. It's curry and booze next so I'm not going back further!!

Bannan and Jones in partnership: W7 D5 L2

• Thanks 1

I personally would not say I would play one of the midfielders over the other.    What I would say is that I would stick with the status quo, because I really believe that keeping a static middle two in the middle of the pitch is the most vital ingredient bar non.

Right now, Jones has to be the first name onto the next teamsheat.   It's not because I value him the most but it's because he's got the game time and he really will be the best option beause of his game time, personally.

If Jones is doing the job he is supposed to he should stay

We tend to play better when CC has to pick other squad players outside his favoured selections and he is forced to pick a balanced team.

The problems start when his favourites are fit - they get shoehorned in and we lose cohesion and underperform.

Edited by Earlsfieldowl

I'm really wanting kieren lee back and having bannan out wide. I know that's controversial but the occasions he goes there or plays left in a diamond. I think we get the best of him and he really makes us tick

the hutch/ jones debate for me comes down to our opposition if we need to be more disaplined and controlling then I would go jones ( and I think hutch is decent on the ball) 

if we need to to be more aggressive the hutch defo. Sometimes you need that horrible player to slow teams down or to make the go around you 

Not a fan of Bannan/Jones as a pairing in a 442. The football we play is generally awful with those 2 in the engine room. 

Look back at some of our worst performances...Wigan, Villa away, Reading at home, Burton at home, Preston away. Wretched performances, partly because we were so weak in midfield. Sounded similar today up until half time.

Dont mind seeing them both playing in a 433. 

Agree with you Holmowl. They worked very well as a partnership today, both supporting a defending with Bannan given a little more licence to go forward.

Cairney and MacDonald struggled and that's testiment to how they played today, long may it continue.

Still can't get over Jones with hair though.

:star:

1 hour ago, fpowl said:

I'm really wanting kieren lee back and having bannan out wide. I know that's controversial but the occasions he goes there or plays left in a diamond. I think we get the best of him and he really makes us tick

the hutch/ jones debate for me comes down to our opposition if we need to be more disaplined and controlling then I would go jones ( and I think hutch is decent on the ball) 

if we need to to be more aggressive the hutch defo. Sometimes you need that horrible player to slow teams down or to make the go around you 

It is controversial and imo doesn't work.

Bannan is a central attaching midfielder and should be used as such  - If we have better then he needs to make way.

As for Hutch, I'd have him at CH or cover as a defensive midfielder.  Yes we shipped a few goals when he was at CH but that's because the cover in front of him wasn't operating properly.  He is a decent CH and should be a handy replacememt for Loovens when he runs out of steam.

Jones seems to be settling after finally being given a run by CC so let's keep him there, enabling Bannan to get forward. 

Bottom line we cannot accommodate everyone but CC won't hve it which is largely what's the root cause of some of the crappy football we have seen over the last year or so. 

Be interesting to see what happens when Lee gets back. 

2 hours ago, nebneeb said:

Bannan clearly plays better alongside Jones.

I think everyone feels more comfortable with Jones as they know exactly where he'll be.

Hutch can be a headless chicken, which at times is brilliant and has won us goals and games, but at other times puts others off their own games.

Hutch as cover for CB and an option to change games in MF for me.

Jones is a seasoned pro who has been here and got promoted before, is it one, or twice?

There has to be a reason for that.

I'm sure he has never really been the main man full stop in any team he's been in.

Think we might reach a situation where Jones is just a better option than Hutch 

Hutch and Loovens might struggle for game time this season 

8 minutes ago, modboy said:

I'm not sure there is a starting place for Sam in our team. 

Great sub option for the last 15 mins / backup 

Thats how I see it.

Sam available 40 games, to fill whatever need we have for 10-20 minutes. And an occasional starter as needs must.

• Like 1