• Fox
    • Hooper
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Palmer
    • Nuhiu

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Just got back to E17 baby - here's the low down:-

Westwood - 6 - Not much to do, saved one at his front post and that was about it. Solid, distribution sometimes a bit wayward.

Hunt - 6 - Dunno how he's been this season but was a worry when attacked. Didn't really get forward that much but I guess that was tactical. 

Lees - 7 - Solid as a rock, dependable, never looked in danger, passing is dreadful though.

Pudil - 7.5 - See Lees but with better passing. Not his natural position but you couldn't tell.

Fox - 7 - Solid, looks able and got forward a bit more than Hunt

Boyd - 7 - Worked his crackers off, tracked back well. Can tell there's a player in there as well, not helped attacking-wise by Hunt.

Jones - 8 - Really solid and made a great partnership with Bannan. Some nice pirouettes, good build-up play and closed down well.

Bannan - 9 MoM - Best player on the pitch. Back to how he was 2 seasons ago. Put in a real shift, helped create the goal, box to box. Was involved in everything we did good. A joy when he plays like that.

Reach - 7.5 - Works really hard, tracked back all game. Decision-making a bit questionable but WHAT A CROSS.

Hooper - 7.5 - Started anonymous, but halfway through the first half started to drop deep and get the ball. So clever and great technique. Wish he would have smashed the one that sat up just before HT!

Fletcher - 8 - Personally think he's underrated. Great finish for the goal, had another great finish but was offside and reacted quickest to Jones' shot to force a save. Holds it up well and wins a fair few headers.

SUBS

Dave - NA - Not on long enough. Held it up well in the corners.

Forestieri - NA - Not on long enough. Worked hard

Palmer - NA - Not on long enough. Won a header possibly.

Really solid and workmanlike performance. Crowd stuck with them and were loud all the way. Think the tactics were fairly good.

Outsung them, outplayed them, outdrank them, will most likely outshag them. Great day.

Just got back from a great day out, but this is pretty much spot on, including the individual comments. Very good analysis. I'd have given Pudil and Reach an 8 if I'm being picky and maybe Westwood a 7.

Was Fletch off for the first not seen it replayed?

They were on it today,fluid and found space when they attacked,defensively they worked hard closed down and won a lot of second balls,chief among them was Jones,a player ive criticised many times for a lack  of effort but I thought today this kid was outstanding.Bannan equally matched his effort with some ecxellent passing and looked more like the player of two seasons back.

Reach again put a shift in,tracked back,but came foreward with menace and combined well with Fox.

Were up n running,Fulhams fans were saying pre match that theyd had a sluggish start,and were maybe suffering playoff final blues.......we know that feeling!They miss chris martin and aluko seems unsettled by bids from a prem club.

This was the total opposite to what I saw at preston,we looked calm and assured and the movement was much better

1 hour ago, Hirstys Salopettes said:

Of course it's Bannan, however special praise for Pudil (the way he's stood in for Loovens has been outstanding, as has his distribution), Dave Jones (great today and played some lovely one tough stuff second half) and Adam Reach (not his biggest fan however he was much improved and I think with a bit of WAWAW love his confidence and performances may blossom) 

And our our vocal support was top draw

I was very much of the opinion that Pudil shouldn't be anywhere near the starting XI at what I saw from the pre season and first games.

I'm happy to be corrected - I think his days at left back at this level are over, but he's proven himself quite competent at CB these last two games.

I'm glad to see Jones performing well with him getting a little run. Personally if we can get him on a good run of form I think it's better for the team he's in than Hutchinson. Jones being less likely to get injured or suspended can offer offer us the consistency we need in that position. 

5 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He must be so pleased to have been moved 20 yards further up the pitch.

At the start of the season he said in the Star that he hoped to be allowed to play higher upfield.

7 hours ago, Ever the pessimist said:

He must be so pleased to have been moved 20 yards further up the pitch.

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

At the start of the season he said in the Star that he hoped to be allowed to play higher upfield.

Been telling all the Bannan Haterz this since last season , for some bizarre tactical reason he was deployed just in front of the back four , now Carlos seems to have given him licence to play higher up the pitch god knows why it has taken so long . 

I know Carlos trusts him probably more than any other outfield player so that maybe the reason . 

He has been accused of being  a shirker, goes hiding , does pirouettes and then loses the ball , tries the hollywood ball , can't play in a central 2 , not fit to lace Abdi's  boots blah blah blah . 

Some right old codswallop . 

Well done Bazza 

47 minutes ago, maldenowl said:

This is so tragic that Bannan has got 65% of the vote. Yes he played well but Fletcher was the MOTM without doubt. Just goes to show the unreasonable love in the majority of our fans have for him.

Unbelievable .but perfectly timed .

46 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Unbelievable .but perfectly timed .

I'd love to know how many of the 60% went to the game or watched it on ifollow. 

I wouldn't vote on motm if I didn't see the game. 

Edited by maldenowl
%

10/10  - Amazing away support, was epic, especially the lad bouncing with his arm around the Fulham steward with the pie in his hand singing "if you don't fu*king bounce" 

Westwood - 7 - Not much to do, but saved one each half and was dependable as ever

Hunt - 6 - Thought he looked suspect sometime and Fulham dangerous on his side, battled well though

Lees - 7 - Solid

Pudil - 7 - Solid, did really well I thought, we thought he was struggling a bit physically and don't know if he was carrying an injury-didn't detract if he was

Fox - 6 -  OK, nothing more, nothing less

Boyd - 7 - Worked hard, covered well defensively, but I want to see more going forward

Jones - 7 - Solid anchor performance, sometimes his distribution is bad, if he can work on that will be a good asset

Bannan - 8.5/9 - always wants the ball, passing and work rate are mega, my only criticism is sometimes I find him too deep and it is alright passing 10 yard balls left or right but it doesn't help us getting forward when he is 2 yards in front of the centre back, I want to see him do it in the final third-as he did second half.

Reach - 7 - Worked hard, got good feet, but questionable decision making sometimes

Hooper - 9 - Works so hard and is a really clever player and such great technique, clearly plays one pass ahead of other players, the subtle touches and runs are excellent.

Fletcher - 9 - Works hard . Great finish for the goal, Holds it up well and wins a fair few headers, is a battler. Hooper and Fletcher the best pairing by far in my humble opinion.

Big Dave - 11 - MOM, epic holding the ball up in the corners in the last few minutes, if it wasn't for this we would have lost 2-1, just for all you Dave haters lol

6 hours ago, maldenowl said:

This is so tragic that Bannan has got 65% of the vote. Yes he played well but Fletcher was the MOTM without doubt. Just goes to show the unreasonable love in the majority of our fans have for him.

It surprised me how someone who travels to away games and is therefore obviously a dedicated fan and lover of football can be so clueless. There is no unreasonable love, he was just the best player on the pitch yesterday, simple as that. 

7 hours ago, Chiswickowl said:

It surprised me how someone who travels to away games and is therefore obviously a dedicated fan and lover of football can be so clueless. There is no unreasonable love, he was just the best player on the pitch yesterday, simple as that. 

He just wasn't. He played well for sure (not as well as v Sunderland mind). Fletch won 90% of what was chucked at him and it stuck, was our only player to really perform well in both halves and pounced on 2 chances, one of which was given offside although I've not seen it back.

So to put it simply, Bannan really wasn't the best player on the pitch.