• Reach
    • Jones
    • Fox
    • Hooper
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Palmer
    • Nuhiu

Thought Hooper did well but I watched it on Ifollow and it was virtually unwatchable in the 2nd half as it kept freezing. I almost missed the goal but it worked perfectly just for that moment then was hopeless again.

Thought Hooper did a lot of harrying particularly in the first half. Bannan was very good again but I got a bit scared at times he might be dropping too deep but he didn't make a habit of it. Reach and Bannan are linking up to make effortless progress down the left these days.

Pudil has looked back to his best. I think he brings the ball out of defence much better and I think this really helps Bannan to stay that 15-20 yards further up.

Jones is getting better and Fletcher took his goal well.

Our speed of passing is looking more like 2015/16. If we keep playing like this away to the stronger teams and remember to attack against the rest and at home we will be ok.

Just got back to E17 baby - here's the low down:-

Westwood - 6 - Not much to do, saved one at his front post and that was about it. Solid, distribution sometimes a bit wayward.

Hunt - 6 - Dunno how he's been this season but was a worry when attacked. Didn't really get forward that much but I guess that was tactical. 

Lees - 7 - Solid as a rock, dependable, never looked in danger, passing is dreadful though.

Pudil - 7.5 - See Lees but with better passing. Not his natural position but you couldn't tell.

Fox - 7 - Solid, looks able and got forward a bit more than Hunt

Boyd - 7 - Worked his crackers off, tracked back well. Can tell there's a player in there as well, not helped attacking-wise by Hunt.

Jones - 8 - Really solid and made a great partnership with Bannan. Some nice pirouettes, good build-up play and closed down well.

Bannan - 9 MoM - Best player on the pitch. Back to how he was 2 seasons ago. Put in a real shift, helped create the goal, box to box. Was involved in everything we did good. A joy when he plays like that.

Reach - 7.5 - Works really hard, tracked back all game. Decision-making a bit questionable but WHAT A CROSS.

Hooper - 7.5 - Started anonymous, but halfway through the first half started to drop deep and get the ball. So clever and great technique. Wish he would have smashed the one that sat up just before HT!

Fletcher - 8 - Personally think he's underrated. Great finish for the goal, had another great finish but was offside and reacted quickest to Jones' shot to force a save. Holds it up well and wins a fair few headers.

SUBS

Dave - NA - Not on long enough. Held it up well in the corners.

Forestieri - NA - Not on long enough. Worked hard

Palmer - NA - Not on long enough. Won a header possibly.

Really solid and workmanlike performance. Crowd stuck with them and were loud all the way. Think the tactics were fairly good.

Outsung them, outplayed them, outdrank them, will most likely outshag them. Great day.

It's refreshing that Westwood wasn't MOTM (no offence meant), and although BB was clearly the best player on the park, there were other good performances, Reach and Fletcher being the obvious suspects, our season has started, upwards and onwards, keep the faith if you have it, and discover it if you haven't.

Not been today,  but sounds like Bannan was outstanding again. Three or four matches running now he's been man of the match. Fantastic news, as when he plays well Wednesday play well. Still got Lee, Hutchinson and Loovens to comeback too, things starting to look up UTO!

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, PuntItLikeDielna said:

Westwood 7

Hunt 6

Lees 7

Pudil 7

Fox 6

Boyd 8 

Bannan 8

Jones 8

Reach 8

Hooper 7

Fletch 8

Pretty much spot on!  Jones 7 for me though.

2 hours ago, CalmJimmers said:

Just got back to E17 baby - here's the low down:-

Westwood - 6 - Not much to do, saved one at his front post and that was about it. Solid, distribution sometimes a bit wayward.

Hunt - 6 - Dunno how he's been this season but was a worry when attacked. Didn't really get forward that much but I guess that was tactical. 

Lees - 7 - Solid as a rock, dependable, never looked in danger, passing is dreadful though.

Pudil - 7.5 - See Lees but with better passing. Not his natural position but you couldn't tell.

Fox - 7 - Solid, looks able and got forward a bit more than Hunt

Boyd - 7 - Worked his crackers off, tracked back well. Can tell there's a player in there as well, not helped attacking-wise by Hunt.

Jones - 8 - Really solid and made a great partnership with Bannan. Some nice pirouettes, good build-up play and closed down well.

Bannan - 9 MoM - Best player on the pitch. Back to how he was 2 seasons ago. Put in a real shift, helped create the goal, box to box. Was involved in everything we did good. A joy when he plays like that.

Reach - 7.5 - Works really hard, tracked back all game. Decision-making a bit questionable but WHAT A CROSS.

Hooper - 7.5 - Started anonymous, but halfway through the first half started to drop deep and get the ball. So clever and great technique. Wish he would have smashed the one that sat up just before HT!

Fletcher - 8 - Personally think he's underrated. Great finish for the goal, had another great finish but was offside and reacted quickest to Jones' shot to force a save. Holds it up well and wins a fair few headers.

SUBS

Dave - NA - Not on long enough. Held it up well in the corners.

Forestieri - NA - Not on long enough. Worked hard

Palmer - NA - Not on long enough. Won a header possibly.

Really solid and workmanlike performance. Crowd stuck with them and were loud all the way. Think the tactics were fairly good.

Outsung them, outplayed them, outdrank them, will most likely outshag them. Great day.

Totally agree with these ratings and this post. Cheers - cos I'm too hammered to write all that. 

Of course it's Bannan, however special praise for Pudil (the way he's stood in for Loovens has been outstanding, as has his distribution), Dave Jones (great today and played some lovely one tough stuff second half) and Adam Reach (not his biggest fan however he was much improved and I think with a bit of WAWAW love his confidence and performances may blossom) 

And our our vocal support was top draw

Edited by Hirstys Salopettes