5 minutes ago, Dronfield_SWFC said:

At start of season would you have taken this

Preston D

QPR       W

Sunderland D

Fulham L

same points as we have now 

No.

But saying that we're on the same points as 2015/16, and one more than 2016/17.

Guest Copthorneowl

JUST GOT BACK

Having been to the match would like to say.

Once again great day at Fulham.

We were probably second best first half not by a lot but we did ok but they clearly attacked us down both flanks and both Hunt and Reach struggled with they're pace.  Pudil did a vg job at centre back never stopped trying and Hunt in particular although at times roasted stuck with it and scores heavily imo for sticking to his man and in the end doing a great job. Lees really steady but slow to release the ball in a northerly direction but he was as ever rock solid.vy

Second half was different game we got at them and it was clear we were going to creat some chances and we did.

Hooper and Fletch a medal each for great skills when often isolated but showed superb control and ability. 

Bannan who I confess I felt should be rested once again another brilliant performance ran the midfield and never wasted a pass as far as I can see look nowhere else for mom. Fletcher probably ran him close.

Last but not least Carlos seem to have lost a lot of Owlstalk experts but not me ..he as much as anyone gets the credit for the set up and play.  Also for those who only see his negativity he brought FF on when we were 1 up well don Carlos.

As regards the anti FF brigade  bad day at the office for you lot ---- now we know him and Winnall  were equally to blame, equally punished as well. Imo superb management what other manager has disciplined two players this way..he's treated them the same but with minimal punishment to the team well done Carlos.

To the fans in the ground bloody fantastic take a bow UTO.

Edited by Copthorneowl

2 minutes ago, Copthorneowl said:

JUST GOT BACK

Having been to the match would like to say.

Once again great day at Fulham.

We were probably second best first half not by a lot but we did ok but they clearly attacked us down both flanks and both Hunt and Reach struggled with they're pace.  Pudil did a vg job at centre back never stopped trying and Hunt in particular although at times roasted stuck with it and scores heavily imo for sticking to his man and in the end doing a great job. Lees really steady but slow to release the ball in a northerly direction but he was as ever rock solid.

Second half was different game we got at them and it was clear we were going to creat some chances and we did.

Hooper and Fletch a medal each for great skills when often isolated but showed superb control and ability. 

Bannan who I confess I felt should be rested once again another brilliant performance ran the midfield and never wasted a pass as far ask can see look nowhere else for mom. Fletcher probably ran him close.

Last but not least Carlos seem to have lost a lot of Owlstalk experts but not me ..he as much as anyone gets the credit for the set up and play.  Also for those who only see his negativity he brought FF on when we were 1 up well don Carlos.

As regards the anti FF brigade  bad day at the office for you lot ---- now we know him and Winnall  were equally to blame, equally punished as well. Imo superb management what other manager has disciplined two players this way..he's treated them the same but with minimal punishment to the team well done Carlos.

To the fans in the ground bloody fantastic take a bow UTO.

Great post, great support, I am at ease tonight, you need a stiff drink, chers

Guest Copthorneowl
4 minutes ago, debram said:

Great post, great support, I am at ease tonight, you need a stiff drink, chers

Thanks matey great da y out.

Sometimes the performance doesn't matter in football and today was one of those for Wednesday, they did enough for a point and took their chances well. It could have been two if it wasn't for that superb reflex save from Button. Think it's fairly evident by now that CC's style is football is very drab, I didn't think Wednesday offered much threat today and were very one dimensional. Bannan perhaps MOTM, he was impressive.

Too early in the season to tell for either team. Fulham, despite losing today, have taken the same amount of total points vs the teams they've played compared to last year. Wednesday will be up and around the playoffs come the end of the season.

Good atmosphere from the Wednesday fans. The acoustics at the Cottage are poor (Fulham fans are bobbar anyway but the acoustics genuinely are bad) but Wednesday were loud and consistent compared to other away followings.

Not much more to add really.

29 minutes ago, Putney said:

Sometimes the performance doesn't matter in football and today was one of those for Wednesday, they did enough for a point and took their chances well. It could have been two if it wasn't for that superb reflex save from Button. Think it's fairly evident by now that CC's style is football is very drab, I didn't think Wednesday offered much threat today and were very one dimensional. Bannan perhaps MOTM, he was impressive.

Too early in the season to tell for either team. Fulham, despite losing today, have taken the same amount of total points vs the teams they've played compared to last year. Wednesday will be up and around the playoffs come the end of the season.

Good atmosphere from the Wednesday fans. The acoustics at the Cottage are poor (Fulham fans are bobbar anyway but the acoustics genuinely are bad) but Wednesday were loud and consistent compared to other away followings.

Not much more to add really.

think we deserve more credit than that. we were excellent today against a dangerous team for 80% of the game. 

Carlos got it spot on. 3 points on the way back to S6. 

If you think we;re going to steam roller teams, your watching the wrong side.