Adam Reach

57 minutes ago, davetherivelinowl said:

Oh come on. That's what I've been saying for weeks but at least I'm willing to admit he had a terrific game today. Was given lots of space and really used it well. Great running, great crosses. That's more like it.

I suspect he's a better player when he doesn't have to think much - just sprint to the by-line and bang in a cross. Yep, can do that all night.

Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed but I just feel being a "natural" winger he should have a few tricks to be able to get a cross in...first half especially most crosses were just smacked against the defender...need a but more than that...great running tho tonight...he could be a brilliant full back

What a great night from Adam.

For me he is our best LB by a country mile. He seems to provide infinitely more attacking threat from LB than LW. He builds up a head of steam by picking the ball up deeper and tearing down that wing.

Their RB didn't know what hit him all night. OK first half Adam's end product wasn't great, but his second half crosses were Beckham-esque. 

Brilliant display of attacking full-back football. His defensive work was top-drawer too.

Just now, Holmowl said:

For me he is our best LB by a country mile. He seems to provide infinitely more attacking threat from LB than LW. He builds up a head of steam by picking the ball up deeper and tearing down that wing.

Their RB didn't know what hit him all night. OK first half Adam's end product wasn't great, but his second half crosses were Beckham-esque. 

Brilliant display of attacking full-back football. His defensive work was top-drawer too.

Spot on. He is a far more potent attacking option playing LB. After a woeful game on Saturday he was superb tonight

24 minutes ago, meggoisgod said:

Don't get me wrong I want him to succeed but I just feel being a "natural" winger he should have a few tricks to be able to get a cross in...first half especially most crosses were just smacked against the defender...need a but more than that...great running tho tonight...he could be a brilliant full back

Correct. 

Wingers need a trick. Full-backs don't. His pace, power and energy were breath-taking tonight.

If full-backs are going for 40m in the Prem, that 5m tag that riles so many on here may look very tasty soon if he keeps this up.

23 hours ago, roundhayowl said:

Terrible first half. Very good secons half.

This. 

He was as bad in the first half as he was as good in the second. Was afforded a lot of time and space on the ball as we flooded the centre of the pitch. 

I'd have been really disappointed if we weren't talking about him as a star performer given he the time and dove he had. 

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Not so sure he's our best left back. 

A good left back, first and foremost, has to be able to defend. He's no where near being a competent defender. Scared of challenging and going up for headers. Hopefully that can be coached into him. 

Had as a good 45 mins going the other way though. Fair play because I've been extremely critical of him since he arrived 

4 minutes ago, ramone said:

This. 

He was as bad in the first half as he was as good in the second. Was afforded a lot of time and space on the ball as we flooded the centre of the pitch. 

I'd have been really disappointed if we weren't talking about him as a star performer given he the time and dove he had. 

But most impressive was that even when he was marked he was just putting the afterburners on.  

21 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Correct. 

Wingers need a trick. Full-backs don't. His pace, power and energy were breath-taking tonight.

If full-backs are going for 40m in the Prem, that 5m tag that riles so many on here may look very tasty soon if he keeps this up.

One swallow doesn't make a summer Holmes. Think you're getting way to ahead of yourself... 

Great performance from Reach I have to say.  

I loved those driving runs down the left.  More of that will do nicely.  

If he keeps it up with performances like that, he will quickly become a key player for us this season.  

18 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I've been a fan from the start. Its greats he's proved a few doubters on here wrong. But the best bit is..........Rhodes is next!  Then Abdi.

And soon the moaners will have run out of players to slag off. Its great!.

It will take more than 1 good half in 50 odd games to prove me wrong pal

28 minutes ago, HOSTAGE IN PYONGYANG said:

I've been a fan from the start. Its greats he's proved a few doubters on here wrong. But the best bit is..........Rhodes is next!  Then Abdi.

And soon the moaners will have run out of players to slag off. Its great!.

I was quite critical of him on Saturday and praised him to the  heavens last night but I don't think one performance as convinced me that he can provide enough quality to feed the strikers playing as a winger ......he needs a run at left back and see if he can repeat last night on a regular basis .....