Get Carlos out of this club

Guest mrbluesky

4 minutes ago, bedders2012 said:

Did you watch the rest of the half?? and QPR and Preston and Rangers and Huddersfield, etc. the man will not change his approach.

We come out slow, sit back, get punished (granted last night was really quick), come out in second half try to rally throw all forwards on and hope.  Can work sometimes but would be nice to come out quick and get games under control at least once. in a while

I think we'll see in the coming weeks. 

I think that last night he was wanting to try something different but it was in tatters after a minute. 

We could have gone Gung-Ho earlier... but I suspect he, and the players were wary of going too all out too early and losing a second goal on the counter.

I do think we'd have won if it had gone on another 10 minutes. 

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I think we'll see in the coming weeks. 

I think that last night he was wanting to try something different but it was in tatters after a minute. 

We could have gone Gung-Ho earlier... but I suspect he, and the players were wary of going too all out too early and losing a second goal on the counter.

I do think we'd have won if it had gone on another 10 minutes. 

I can't argue with any of the above, and god only knows what possessed Westwood, and I can accept mistakes.  At home we should be straight out the blocks, I don't get the wait and see what the other side does approach, another 10 mins or if Hoops shot goes in then all good but barring the wonder strike from Jones still not many shots on target.  When something came up short over 48 games last season then doing the same, with the same squad and expecting different outcome is the definition of insanity.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Not true. Some fans actually need counseling because they couldn't handle the defeat to Huddersfield.

New territory for them , they don't know how to handle it.

Op is one of them.

Yes you're are right I couldn't handle the inept way CC set us up for the Udders semi final, probably the worst tactics seen in a semi for some time, you've got to admire Udders manager getting the best out of a team with a budget on a par with Rovrum.

But yeah you keep clapping, just answer me 1 question, how do you do this with your fingers in your ears while shouting "la,la,la" 

Some feat that.

3 minutes ago, bedders2012 said:

I can't argue with any of the above, and god only knows what possessed Westwood, and I can accept mistakes.  At home we should be straight out the blocks, I don't get the wait and see what the other side does approach, another 10 mins or if Hoops shot goes in then all good but barring the wonder strike from Jones still not many shots on target.  When something came up short over 48 games last season then doing the same, with the same squad and expecting different outcome is the definition of insanity.

Westwood was clearly pumped against his old club.

To his and our detriment it has to be said. 

But he's saved us more times than he's cost us so forgiveness is easy.

I genuinely think one of the reasons he went haring out is because it was McGeady. He'd been with us of course, but is also in the International set up with him.

I think he was absolutely desperate not to let him score and as it was I think he was worried he was going to open his body up and try and curl one far side.

Anyway... I'm only guessing there. 

We have played a slower game the last 18 months. And here's a question really that I haven't seen asked.....I may have missed it if it has...

Could one of the reasons that we have cooled down with the intensive pressing which was starting to become a bit of a weapon for us in his first season be down to the fitness and injuries of the players? 

It might not be at all of course, but it's not beyond reason that if people have been picking up as many injuries as we have  that it hasn't been at least thought about.  

I suspect not. But you never know.

I still can't get over how bad our 1st half performances have been at home under CC and it seems like it'll be more of the same this year.

For a top two finish you cannot afford to gift away sides a head start and I fear this will be his undoing. Well part of it anyway!

Tis a good question, I did wonder myself if it was down to the players desire and hunger as they all got rewarded with fat long contracts after having to prove themselves that first year, all players on 2nd/last chance fighting to stay at a club, Pudil is the biggest example of this, he would have run through walls, was my favourite player of that year along with Hutch.

The injuries would make sense if in the thoughts but I think our players come off second and hurt through not going in properly as well.

5 minutes ago, Tapeworm said:

I still can't get over how bad our 1st half performances have been at home under CC and it seems like it'll be more of the same this year.

For a top two finish you cannot afford to gift away sides a head start and I fear this will be his undoing. Well part of it anyway!

Every first half at home for the last two seasons and two games!

4 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Well you've answered yourself there.

By making a list of targets and presenting it to the Chairman he is actively placing importance on areas that require improvment.

He's been saying for 18 months that they have been trying to get in two centre backs.  If the money men haven't been able to get those deals over the line for whatever reason, that can't be levelled at his door.

I'll try and dig out the interview from last season where the lack of centre half cover had been mentioned when it came out that Loovens had been playing with injections and CC/DC said that clubs were asking well over the odds for the players because they knew Wednesday had some money. In some cases double what they considered reasonable. 

Yeah, you might be right. But if other clubs increased their prices when they realised we needed centre backs and had money, why has Carlos been broadcasting the fact to the world for the last 18 months?

I just get the feeling from his laissez-faire attitude towards defenders that Carlos didn't truly impress upon the Chairman during the pre-season meetings that defensive cover should be our top priority. He should have walked into the first meeting and said explicitly that defenders must be sorted before anything else.

1 hour ago, bedders2012 said:

I can't argue with any of the above, and god only knows what possessed Westwood, and I can accept mistakes.

Westwood has those moments of tearing out of his goal unnecessarily in every other game, and it's cost us quite a few goals in recent seasons. I know it's an unpopular opinion, but I would've let him go for the money being talked about in the summer (£4.5m) and bought someone as good. Birmingham got Stockdale for nothing, so good Championship keepers aren't exactly gold dust.

3 minutes ago, I Love Sturrock said:

Yeah, you might be right. But if other clubs increased their prices when they realised we needed centre backs and had money, why has Carlos been broadcasting the fact to the world for the last 18 months?

Well it's hardly something folks in the game wouldn't notice!

And in terms of Carlos broadcasting it... we've been going mad on forums and radio stations saying we need a centre half and why hasn't he done anything about it.....then press ask those same questions to him directly.

"Carlos, a lot of people are saying they think you need more defensive cover. Anything you can tell us?" 

Can ypu imagine if he said "No. We're all right as we are" to try and hide the fact from other clubs that we were desperate. 

Out fans would take him at face value and have absolute meltdowns!!

So really.  He can't win on that score.

3 minutes ago, I Love Sturrock said:

I just get the feeling from his laissez-faire attitude towards defenders that Carlos didn't truly impress upon the Chairman during the pre-season meetings that defensive cover should be our top priority. He should have walked into the first meeting and said explicitly that defenders must be sorted before anything else.

He might have. 

Someone the other day said his body language was bad. 

I think take hat hey were trying to imply he'd lost take ha they he players.

You know how people love jumping to conclusions.

But if his body language was genuinely bad.  It could have been "I wish the feckin money men upstairs would listen to me and get me that bloody centre half In."

5 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

.... and who , if not an instant success, will become a stick to beat the manager with for not prioritising a top class signing. 

And round and round we go. ..

I truly believe we tried to get Kirchhoff and he turned us down.  He's perfect, can play DM and CB, and available on a free.

But apparently our offer for a big name CB was turned down as the player didn't want to play in the Championship.

I really don't know who we would even pursue with the transfer market inflated the way it is

Edited by Indoor Owl

20 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Two things we needed to address all last season, problem is we have solved neither. We start slower than an old ford model T invariably meaning 9 times out of 10 we struggle to get ourselves into the game, or we concede meaning we HAVE to up the tempo. Secondly we've still no cover at cb, hutch is supposed to be cm(injured) and pudil at lb (struggling at cb). 

Did anyone on here actually see the circumstances of their goal?

Jack Hunt down for 4 minutes or so, completely killed the atmosphere, he hobbles to his feet and obviously has to go off the pitch before he can come back on.

Sunderland take a crafty quick free kick before the ref allows Hunt back on, there is therefore a huge gap where Hunt would have been. Westwood panics tries to cover it off and the rest is history.

A bit shambolic granted, but more a force of circumstances and a bit of a freak goal.

After that, it was always going to be difficult to come back, but gradually we got back in the game and for 55 / 60 minutes dominated it and should have won.

The second half was probably the best  performance for a good while.

The QPR game was also completely ruined for us by the enforced subs, which left us no options to change the side around as we would normally do probably after 65 mins of before.

2 Games where there were freak situations that probably dictated the outcomes.

You can argue Loovens & Sam are too injury prone and that was inevitable, which can be laid at the managers door i suppose, but F****n hell lets at least take some of the circumstances into consideration before completely hanging them out to dry. 

Preston was awful, but these two games were totally different.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lord Snooty said:

Someone the other day said his body language was bad. 

I think take hat hey were trying to imply he'd lost take ha they he players.

You know how people love jumping to conclusions.

But if his body language was genuinely bad.  It could have been "I wish the feckin money men upstairs would listen to me and get me that bloody centre half In."

He wants to impress on the money men the need for more defensive cover otherwise it could end up costing him his job and reputation.

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Jack Hunt down for 4 minutes or so, completely killed the atmosphere, he hobbles to his feet and obviously has to go off the pitch before he can come back on.

Sunderland take a crafty quick free kick before the ref allows Hunt back on, there is therefore a huge gap where Hunt would have been. Westwood panics tries to cover it off and the rest is history.

A bit shambolic granted, but more a force of circumstances and a bit of a freak goal.

After that, it was always going to be difficult to come back, but gradually we got back in the game and for 55 / 60 minutes dominated it and should have won.

The QPR game was also completely ruined for us by the enforced subs, which left us no options to change the side around as we would normally do probably after 65 mins of before.

You can argue Loovens & Sam are too injury prone and that was inevitable, which can be laid at the managers door i suppose, but F****n hell lets at least take some of the circumstances into consideration before completely hanging them out to dry. 

Completely agree. Two players subbed off before half time and a goal down, then a goal down Wednesday night and looked very shaky for the first 10/15 minutes plus more players injured. We lost neither game and we're unlucky not to win both. There will be other home games were the opposition have similar issues, red cards etc.

Lets just be patient!

1 hour ago, bigthinrob said:

Who's hanging anyone put to dry? Anyone mentions some constructive criticism and boom the happy clappers start railing and shouting pig. I'm neither Carlos out nor Carlos in, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but the amount of times last season we had to pick ourselves up, or struggled to get into the games especially at home, can you defend the games in quick succession against, Brentford, burton, reading last year werewe really made hard work of it especially in the first half, it,was almost every week, at one point. All I'm saying is we still need defensive cover as you said we agree on that as we did loose Loovens and lees quite a bit last year and hutch. But the points we dropped simply becouse we started too overly cautious and either couldn't get P back into the game or ended up losing or drawing,  wed maybe we have been closer putting more pressure on the top two. It may be just me growing up with us at least trying to play some good attacking football rather than trying to emulate George graham's boring boring arsenal. Just defend and hope to nick a 1-0 win. 

17 hours ago, mark77 said:

That first paragraph is completely wrong. 

41: Corner swfc

42: Wallace freekick over

45: Corner Swfc

45 (1): Abdi shot wide

45 (2):: Jones shot wide

46: Owls offside attacking areas

49: swfc attacking free kick

50: Swfc corner

52: Fletcher header over

Dont back up your opinion with incorrect facts.

Fletcher did well to head over in the first half given he didn't come on until the second half! lol

You might want to re-read my paragraph as I was talking about 39-50mins (which included the 5 additional minutes added on in the first half), which is clearly stated within my first sentence.

I also want him gone. His style of play, his formations, his player selections, his freezing out of players, I believe he's took us as far as possible and neither the fans or players are behind him anymore. At least 20 managers in this league would kill for our squad, Carlos has it and doesn't play to the strengths of his best players. Dean Smith, Mick McCarthy, Alan Pardew, they would be my top 3. Maybe Hecky at 4. The Boyd situation, the Forestieri situation, the only starting to threaten second half once he's panicked and thrown on 3 strikers, it's all too late. Change after the Fulham defeat

• Haha 1