Get Carlos out of this club

Guest mrbluesky

Pudil was excellent at Centre back last night, Reach was brilliant and delivered 5 quality crosses.

Why do we have so many haters on here. We conceded when down to 10 men after 2 minutes, after which

we were the better side. So, Carlos did have them "up for it" proved by the fact we had 67% of possession

and 17 shots, not all on target. Not bad for a boring predictable side.

Edited by bdmfournil

Guest mrbluesky
10 minutes ago, DuncOwl said:

A lad behind me said last night; I hope we lose today and Saturday so that he sacks Carlos.

I get the feeling that there are more than a few people on here that wish he same. ahem OP and his clique ahem

Dint happen eva.

Guest mrbluesky
23 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Same as last season, with the exception of the defence looking more shaky.

My old man, who has his season ticket on the Kop, held the same opinion as well, so maybe aliens didn't take over the iFollow stream! lol

No CC is still in charge but that's alien to me lol

16 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

NOW!not bothered if we win/lose or draw, he's stubborn, he's obviously losing the dressing room, yes I am blaming him for Westwoods clanger, yes I'm blaming him for making our forwards look bang average and making our team look f**kin clueless!!

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!

It amazes me that any one can lose a Dressing room.

After all, a dressing room is a big space, with windows, doors, showers and such like.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, striker said:

So nothing has changed then, dire non entity of a first half followed by a decent 30 minute spell in the second half?

Points dropped in 2 winnable home games, we now have 2 tough games away so let's see what happens. My guess is we'll try to kill the game from the off and nick a goal.

Your last paragraph is a great point, agree completely.

Cheers,

I can see that a full bloodied friendly can have issues re injuries, but that is part of the game, every year slow start. With the money we have spent cover should not be an issue but that is another subject.

Only way to get out of this league is to take the game to them, we are not good enough to keep 1 goal leads.

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, adelphi1867 said:

It amazes me that any one can lose a Dressing room.

After all, a dressing room is a big space, with windows, doors, showers and such like.

Well he's lost the plot so anything possible lol

15 hours ago, striker said:

Not been tonight so reluctant to comment. However, when making reasoned arguments for a change in manager, all apologists could do was spout 'as fact' that we were 4th last season. Not one to purely rely on this piece of information but using this logic we are 20th.

Is this good enough?

And all those who are making "reasoned arguments" (and I do use those quotation marks in all their implied finger quotes glory) for a change in manager can do is spout the nonsense that we've performed so terribly, despite playing for promotion for two years under this manager.

Mark my words, even after we go up this year, you lot will still be looking to change the manager and complaining about how dire things are - for some of you I think you'd be happy to play in League 2 as long as the team just constantly played route one football and "got stuck in", slashed ticket prices, and and aimlessly crossed into the box to make it 'entertaining'.

33 minutes ago, Indoor Owl said:

And all those who are making "reasoned arguments" (and I do use those quotation marks in all their implied finger quotes glory) for a change in manager can do is spout the nonsense that we've performed so terribly, despite playing for promotion for two years under this manager.

Mark my words, even after we go up this year, you lot will still be looking to change the manager and complaining about how dire things are - for some of you I think you'd be happy to play in League 2 as long as the team just constantly played route one football and "got stuck in", slashed ticket prices, and and aimlessly crossed into the box to make it 'entertaining'.

Let's see where we are after the next couple of games with this manager....then we can start trotting out the excuse that it is a long season.

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

That's the problem, though - with Carlos, we won't go up this year. Or next year. Or the year after. The same mistakes are now being made for three seasons running. How can we make the transition into a promotion winning team if the manager's consistent shortcomings are preventing improvement?

Here's just a couple of recent examples that are Carlos Carvalhal weaknesses that will forever stop him getting us promoted.

1) As summed up perfectly last night, Carlos teams only play for one half for what must be three quarters of the season. I've lost count of the amount of games where we look listless in the first half, Carlos goes for it in the second and we ****** a draw or a win. It almost seems sometimes like Carlos uses the first half to size up the opposition. You can't get promoted when you end up chasing that many games.

2) Carlos places no importance on the areas of the team that require improvement, and for the last two seasons we've started the season with no cover in defence. It cost us last season (Pudil and Semedo playing against Burton away) and we're very lucky it hasn't cost us this season. Before you say he has no say over transfers, that's nonsense and an excuse to deflect the blame away from him. Carlos told the Sheffield Star in July 2017 that he pulls together a list of players with his analysts, they research the players, and they present the Chairman with their preferred targets for him to go and buy.

As for dropping the "despite playing for promotion for two years under this manager" pearl of wisdom in your post, it's far too simplistic to assess the performance of our manager by saying he got us in the play-offs twice, ergo he must be good. My argument would be this: is taking the team Stuart Gray built (and finished 13th with), then spending upwards of £30m on it in two years and making the play-offs twice such a grand achievement?

Edited by I Love Sturrock

1 hour ago, Indoor Owl said:

I would bet my mortgage that this wouldn't be the case

20 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Great riposte, but in you haste to post  you forgot to use the space bar on your ZX 81

Whilst the zx81 has been hacked in recent years to give it network access, that was via ftp to load files, not via the http protocol.

It wouldn't have enough RAM to load most webpages of today, not that any existed back then.

19 minutes ago, HubristicClapper said:

Whilst the zx81 has been hacked in recent years to give it network access, that was via ftp to load files, not via the http protocol.

It wouldn't have enough RAM to load most webpages of today, not that any existed back then.

First factual post on here in days.

Well done!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1