Get Carlos out of this club

Guest mrbluesky

3 minutes ago, striker said:

Not been tonight so reluctant to comment. However, when making reasoned arguments for a change in manager, all apologists could do was spout 'as fact' that we were 4th last season. Not one to purely rely on this piece of information but using this logic we are 20th.

Is this good enough?

No, we finished 4th last season.

If we finish 20th this season, then yes, I expect Carlos to have lost his job somewhere along the way.

But we're a long way from that right now.

47 minutes ago, mrbluesky said:

Right here goes...

NOT ONE OR TWO GAMES!! ABOUT 40 GAMES!

Ever thought about changing your name to mrgreysky.

Not sure if you were there tonight but second half was as good as we've seen.

Really sorry to interrupt your insane ranting,

Ok, carry on!

19 minutes ago, RockieOwl said:

That was a good post until you said MoM is Reach! What?? First of all Bannan was top class and miles better than most but Reach showed many times tonight he just isn't that good. A couple of sprints down the touchline in the second half ain't gonna make up for an awful game beforehand 

No, he was up and down the touchline second half, defending well and attacking brilliantly, their right back just didn't have a clue second half that's why Gibson came on and moved out right to give the defender support (but even that didn't work) .Agree that Bannan was brilliant but the majority of our attacks second half came down the left through Reach.

Guest mrbluesky
14 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Ever thought about changing your name to mrgreysky.

Not sure if you were there tonight but second half was as good as we've seen.

Really sorry to interrupt your insane ranting,

Ok, carry on!

Sorry to interrupt your positivity but 1 half? Well that's just dandy, didn't someone say football is a game of two halves? So yeah crack on fella 

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, Lees Tom Cat said:

Doesn't matter mate because we once lost a play off semi final to Huddersfield.

And never looked like winning a p/o through the season, but you keep believing sweet pea xx

8 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

Sorry to interrupt your positivity but 1 half? Well that's just dandy, didn't someone say football is a game of two halves? So yeah crack on fella 

Tell you what 'fella'.

I'll go on the opinion of about 10 thousand fans who were actually there and stayed behind after the final whistle to applaud the players off rather than your opinion and others like you who to be honest cannot call yourselves 'supporters'. Not sure many can even call themselves 'customers'. You have to exchange money to be a customer.

Constructive criticism when it's called for, but appreciation when it's also called for.

You offer neither. 

You are are just a typical modern day social meeja type with nothing to offer who must pray for setbacks that in your eyes will justify the level of negativity that spews forth from your mouth / keyboard.

You've probably found your natural home on Owlstalk which seemingly gets less relevant by the day and less representative of the mass of genuine support who actually turn up and support.

Give him 10 games. Then we get a real impression of where we're headed.

We have a history of poor starts (see @RyanSWFC's most recent graph in the form thread) so let's chalk it up to "business as usual" and get a fuller picture before we destabilise a boat that is already looking a bit unsteady due to the off field issues.

10 hours ago, gableratchet said:

Just got back from the match, thought we were very unlucky not to win. Brilliant goal from Jones, Rhodes unlucky with a header as was Hooper with the shot that hit the bar and as for the goalmouth scramble, how on earth it didn't go in I don't know. Sunderland were hanging on in the second half which resulted in them taking off strikers and putting on midfielders. We were by far the best team and if we play like that all the time then I really believe that autos could be a posibility. Pudil had a really good game at centre half but for me mom was Reach.

Thats the problem, we don't. We all know we are capable, but dont perform and the buck stops with CC. A good 30 minute spell shouldn't be seen to  paper over the cracks.

Producing performances for the last 20 mins isn't good enough and has gone on for way too long.

More than enough patience has been shown. Push the button Mr Chairman. Let somebody who wants to produce 90 minute performances get their hands on this great squad.

You could do worse than have a quiet word with our opposition Manager this Saturday. I've heard he'd jump at the chance to work with our strikeforce.

Thought 2-1 win would have been a fair score line. Last 30 mins were good, first 60 mins average. Seem we need a goal to get us going.

Bit more optimistic at the final whistle but that can all change after Saturday.

If I was chairman I would keep CC for now but could all change after next two games where we need 4 points minimum to get up to par. 

Guest mrbluesky
24 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Tell you what 'fella'.

I'll go on the opinion of about 10 thousand fans who were actually there and stayed behind after the final whistle to applaud the players off rather than your opinion and others like you who to be honest cannot call yourselves 'supporters'. Not sure many can even call themselves 'customers'. You have to exchange money to be a customer.

Constructive criticism when it's called for, but appreciation when it's also called for.

You offer neither. 

You are are just a typical modern day social meeja type with nothing to offer who must pray for setbacks that in your eyes will justify the level of negativity that spews forth from your mouth / keyboard.

You've probably found your natural home on Owlstalk which seemingly gets less relevant by the day and less representative of the mass of genuine support who actually turn up and support.

I've put my point across constructively, thanks for letting me know what/who I am fella lol, you keep on clapping that bloke in charge, I won't, the only time I will is when Mr. C does the right thing and sacks him.

Enjoyed last night, think the 2nd half was great, tempo we have come to expect and hopefully can kick on and will given the players a much needed confidence boost.

Yes 1st half was same as we have seen for a season now but think if we had not conceded that goal early on by comedy defending, would have been a different story for the whole game.

We obviously have defensive issues which need to be addressed or we have no chance of automatic and Rhodes needs a prolonged run in the team..

Getting better slowly, which begs the question why mess about playing low key matches in Portugal every year when may be we need some harder fixtures to prepare. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RockieOwl said:

That was a good post until you said MoM is Reach! What?? First of all Bannan was top class and miles better than most but Reach showed many times tonight he just isn't that good. A couple of sprints down the touchline in the second half ain't gonna make up for an awful game beforehand 

Planet on living one which you are.

Rearrange

Reach had a great game

Edited by akbuk

Looking at the fight and spirit they have....I think it's clear CC isn't losing the dressing room. Something i feared after Preston. 

Played well last night. Individuals really need to cut out those mistakes, I mean bloody Mr Consistent Westwood coming out of his goal like someone just pressed L1 on Fifa. What was he thinking. 

We really need to get better at crossing, albeit i know Reach and Abdi put a couple of great crosses in....we need to be consistent though. Hunt and Wallace got into some great positions for a cross but either delayed it or hit the first man each time. 

Overall I thought we played well, and Sunderland looked average and were very lucky at times. 

Need more of the same on Saturday. 

• Like 1

Successful football club management can only be learned, it certainly can't be tought, hence Darren Furguson and Nigel Clough not being world class managers. As for Carlos, how the hell can he preempt goal mouth accuracy when proven strikers can't hit a cow's arse with a banjo? This must a player confidence issue, perhaps we need a top class striker coach, someone with a football brain such as Mark Bright comes to mind. 

Carlos is on his own now, I really want to see him succeed this season, after almost making it to the promised land in the previous two, however he best find the rabbit in his hat sharpish or DC will no doubt replace him.

11 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Enjoyed last night, think the 2nd half was great, tempo we have come to expect and hopefully can kick on and will given the players a much needed confidence boost.

Yes 1st half was same as we have seen for a season now but think if we had not conceded that goal early on by comedy defending, would have been a different story for the whole game.

We obviously have defensive issues which need to be addressed or we have no chance of automatic and Rhodes needs a prolonged run in the team..

Getting better slowly, which begs the question why mess about playing low key matches in Portugal every year when may be we need some harder fixtures to prepare. 

So nothing has changed then, dire non entity of a first half followed by a decent 30 minute spell in the second half?

Points dropped in 2 winnable home games, we now have 2 tough games away so let's see what happens. My guess is we'll try to kill the game from the off and nick a goal.

Your last paragraph is a great point, agree completely.

Guest We Shall Overcome
12 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

NOW!not bothered if we win/lose or draw, he's stubborn, he's obviously losing the dressing room, yes I am blaming him for Westwoods clanger, yes I'm blaming him for making our forwards look bang average and making our team look f**kin clueless!!

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!

Spot on but the "Daft Lads" will be after you!!!

2 OK second half performances where we have had to come from behind have earned us 2 pts from 9...this should not allow people to paper over the cracks.

I predict Carlos will still be here until January by which time we will be mid table, DC will then pull the trigger and get our new man in, however, we will have wasted the season by then.

Just now, Fuzzy logics said:

2 OK second half performances where we have had to come from behind have earned us 2 pts from 9...this should not allow people to paper over the cracks.

I predict Carlos will still be here until January by which time we will be mid table, DC will then pull the trigger and get our new man in, however, we will have wasted the season by then.

As long as he lasts until December lol 

• Haha 1