Get Carlos out of this club

Guest mrbluesky

4 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Who's hanging anyone put to dry? Anyone mentions some constructive criticism and boom the happy clappers start railing and shouting pig. I'm neither Carlos out nor Carlos in, I'm a Sheffield Wednesday fan, but the amount of times last season we had to pick ourselves up, or struggled to get into the games especially at home, can you defend the games in quick succession against, Brentford, burton, reading last year werewe really made hard work of it especially in the first half, it,was almost every week, at one point. All I'm saying is we still need defensive cover as you said we agree on that as we did loose Loovens and lees quite a bit last year and hutch. But the points we dropped simply becouse we started too overly cautious and either couldn't get P back into the game or ended up losing or drawing,  wed maybe we have been closer putting more pressure on the top two. It may be just me growing up with us at least trying to play some good attacking football rather than trying to emulate George graham's boring boring arsenal. Just defend and hope to nick a 1-0 win. 

Yeah fair point, but there were plenty on here hanging them out to dry after the last 2 games.

Some of the comments on here were bordering on the hysterical, and the level of some of the abuse after 3 games is not, even taking a generous point of view, 'constructive criticism'.

Some of the regular worst culprits would think 'constructive' is something that happens on a building site.

I don't like the description 'clappers', it's a lazy, predictable, cover all for some people who are acting as antidotes to the often crazy extremes of some of the posters on here, who are taking negativity to a whole new level (even allowing for the points you refer to about quality of play which I accept to a point).

Some may go over the top to a degree, but nothing compared to the negativity from the really extreme detractors. 

I am certain, a huge swathe of the so called 'clappers' would be equally critical (but in a more constructive manner) when they thought the timing and reasons justified it, which I don't think they do (not to the extent the abuse is routinely dished out at the moment).

3 hours ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

I also want him gone. His style of play, his formations, his player selections, his freezing out of players, I believe he's took us as far as possible and neither the fans or players are behind him anymore. At least 20 managers in this league would kill for our squad, Carlos has it and doesn't play to the strengths of his best players. Dean Smith, Mick McCarthy, Alan Pardew, they would be my top 3. Maybe Hecky at 4. The Boyd situation, the Forestieri situation, the only starting to threaten second half once he's panicked and thrown on 3 strikers, it's all too late. Change after the Fulham defeat

I know he doesn't like us, but Mick McCarthy would sail out of this league with the squad and money we've got. He won the league with Wolves (with a bit of money to spend) and he's had a penniless Ipswich in or around the play-offs for years.

Dean Smith's a strange one because of the club he's at. The 'Moneyball' scouting system set up by the owner is what's uncovered gems in the transfer market, so it's difficult to know how well Smith is actually doing there.

Pardew could go either way in this league, because he has long runs of winning every game or playing abysmally - there's often nothing in between. It would be a risk, but he's got a hell of lot more on his CV than Carlos.

Heckingbottom's also a bit like Dean Smith in that it's difficult to assess how good he is. He just continued the momentum at Barnsley that started before Lee Johnson left, and they're starting to struggle now they're relying solely on his ideas. I think their great start last season was also due to players he didn't sign like Winnall, Hourihane, Bree, Watkins, Roberts, Hammill etc.

Edited by I Love Sturrock

1 hour ago, I Love Sturrock said:

I know he doesn't like us, but Mick McCarthy would sail out of this league with the squad and money we've got. He won the league with Wolves (with a bit of money to spend) and he's had a penniless Ipswich in or around the play-offs for years.

Dean Smith's a strange one because of the club he's at. The 'Moneyball' scouting system set up by the owner is what's uncovered gems in the transfer market, so it's difficult to know how well Smith is actually doing there.

Pardew could go either way in this league, because he has long runs of winning every game or playing abysmally - there's often nothing in between. It would be a risk, but he's got a hell of lot more on his CV than Carlos.

Heckingbottom's also a bit like Dean Smith in that it's difficult to assess how good he is. He just continued the momentum at Barnsley that started before Lee Johnson left, and they're starting to struggle now they're relying solely on his ideas. I think their great start last season was also due to players he didn't sign like Winnall, Hourihane, Bree, Watkins, Roberts, Hammill etc.

All in all, not bad suggestions then? :biggrin: Not one criticism from you there, I'm happy!

6 hours ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

Fletcher did well to head over in the first half given he didn't come on until the second half! lol

You might want to re-read my paragraph as I was talking about 39-50mins (which included the 5 additional minutes added on in the first half), which is clearly stated within my first sentence.

Yeah i know, I did re-did my post and my point still stands. You claimed that from 39 mins until half time (11mins) we got out of our half once and were terrible. In that time we managed 3 shots and 2 corners, clearly what you said was incorrect.

HT: #SWFC 0 Sunderland 1. Visitors deservedly lead through Honeyman's early striker. Owls finished the half on top but have it all to do.

By all means have a debate about CC but stick to the facts. We finished the half well and carried that into the second period.

• Like 1

On 16/08/2017 at 20:43, mrbluesky said:

NOW!not bothered if we win/lose or draw, he's stubborn, he's obviously losing the dressing room, yes I am blaming him for Westwoods clanger, yes I'm blaming him for making our forwards look bang average and making our team look f**kin clueless!!

GET HIM OUT NOW!!!

:duntmatter:

On 18/08/2017 at 11:54, WorrallOwl17 said:

I also want him gone. His style of play, his formations, his player selections, his freezing out of players, I believe he's took us as far as possible and neither the fans or players are behind him anymore. At least 20 managers in this league would kill for our squad, Carlos has it and doesn't play to the strengths of his best players. Dean Smith, Mick McCarthy, Alan Pardew, they would be my top 3. Maybe Hecky at 4. The Boyd situation, the Forestieri situation, the only starting to threaten second half once he's panicked and thrown on 3 strikers, it's all too late. Change after the Fulham defeat

tenor.gif

• Haha 2

Carlos sees everything different to the average fan when it comes to coaching. He's happy, it's different to how managers used to be hence all same questions coming back on radio.  He knows what he's doing playing a squad for each match depending on who we play. It's not what a lot of players are used to in UK but this dont mean it don't work. In carlos I trust. 

On 8/18/2017 at 18:07, mark77 said:

Yeah i know, I did re-did my post and my point still stands. You claimed that from 39 mins until half time (11mins) we got out of our half once and were terrible. In that time we managed 3 shots and 2 corners, clearly what you said was incorrect.

HT: #SWFC 0 Sunderland 1. Visitors deservedly lead through Honeyman's early striker. Owls finished the half on top but have it all to do.

By all means have a debate about CC but stick to the facts. We finished the half well and carried that into the second period.

So, we barely got out of our own half then... thanks!!

Read the first part of that tweet you've quoted - visitors deservedly lead. From what I saw, I'd have to agree with that - and stand by my comment that we were crap first half and could barely get out of our half.

But if you're happy with what you saw (read on Twitter) first half against Sunderland then good for you pal.