V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

6 minutes ago, poite said:

The problem is that although sasso was a decent squad player he was far weaker than Lee's and loovens. 

This season we need strength in depth

He has been a regular in a top flight team for 4 season which is more pedigree than Sasso had so no reason not to think he could be a better player. As you agree with Snooty, we need a centre-back, we've got one, lets support him.

Yes we probably need more but we need someone now.

5 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

He has been a regular in a top flight team for 4 season which is more pedigree than Sasso had so no reason not to think he could be a better player. As you agree with Snooty, we need a centre-back, we've got one, lets support him.

Yes we probably need more but we need someone now.

Of course I will support him. 

I never understand how a comment of "I'm not convinced" is interpreted as a declaration of hatred and opposition. 

Never have I ever said he won't be good.

Edited by poite

This guy was mentioned a couple of days ago on here.

I'm pleased we have got someone in. He looks a bit stronger than Sasso which is a start and he had had English clubs looking at him which suggests they also thought he could adapt.

We can't afford to play the long game on this now that we have no defenders. However, it would be a nice surprise if we were still in for Harlee Dean. 

Former Benfica youth, former Portuguese U21. A development squad player at best. We have a full Portuguese international striker who isn't up to this level so I'm not convinced.

Whelmed under.

Just now, Wild Will Smith said:

Former Benfica youth, former Portuguese U21. A development squad player at best. We have a full Portuguese international striker who isn't up to this level so I'm not convinced.

Whelmed under.

Venancio would snap you in half. 

4 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Why is this relevant?

Because as is the case at many other championship clubs, I would like to see some progression and significant Improvement in the squad. Our Portuguese signings to date have been ordinary. That's the relevance