V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

4 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Is anything bloody positive lately.... I'm sure ample moaning will be had.

Nothing to be positive about right now is there? It looks a shambles at the moment , gotta hope this guy is half decent at least!

Just now, dmw said:

If I ever say or write anything stupid in my life I'll be sure to let you know.

My comment was an observation about the mindless attitude of some fans who carp and moan regardless. Whether Venancio is a good signing or not is quite another matter, but there is no reason to assume the club would have signed someone of poor quality. Far from it - if CC and his coaching team have sifted 200+ they are being pretty damn choosy so it hardly seems likely they lowered their standards just to bring in any old rubbish for you to slag off.

I thought you said you'd tell me before posting something stupid?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, I Love Sturrock said:

So we're signing someone from one of the Portuguese teams Carlos used to manage. But I thought Carlos had nothing to do with transfers?

He won't touch the negotiations. But he talked about sifting through 200 plus names and the criteria for selection so he is certainly involved on that side.

Vitoria have announced it on their site:

Vitória Futebol Clube - SAD loaned central defender Frederico Venâncio to Sheffield Wednesday for a year, with the option of buying the Championship club, the second English league, at the end of the 2017/2018 season.

Frederico Venâncio, 24, finished his contract with Vitória Futebol Clube (SAD) at the end of this season, but renewed the tie for three more seasons until June 30, 2021, before being loaned to the English club.

Playing in England was a personal ambition long ago manifested by Frederico Venâncio, to which the Vitória Futebol Clube - SAD decided to take into account the course of the player in question, a team captain trained in the club since the Under-13 level, and the To renew the contract for another three years.

"I thank the leaders of Vitória FC for having understood how important it was for me to embrace this new challenge. Victory is in my heart, it is part of me, so I did not hesitate to accept renewing the contract for another three years. I leave for England, but I will have the club and my team-mates always in my thoughts and I remain connected to everyone in the ambition to achieve the goals set, "said Frederico Venâncio.

Vitória Futebol Clube - SAD wishes Frederico Venâncio the greatest successes in his new professional stage.

Edited by Woozie

Just now, MrTacoSWFC said:

Well... after watching that... :ph34r:

Hmmm... we thought the Wednesday band was bad. That video didn't really arouse me a great deal.

Yeah it's a rubbish vid.

The other one isn't much better.

I guess defender vids are never gonna be that impressive.

6 minutes ago, poite said:

I never said he wasn't. 

I just said Im not convinced due to the recent track record of Portuguese signings. 

Sasso wasn't a bad squad player, would certainly have got game time this season. This guy has played more regular football than Sasso.