V. SETÚBAL EMPRESTA FREDERICO VENÂNCIO AO SHEFFIELD DE CARLOS CARVALHAL

1 hour ago, hirstyboywonder said:

There's being unconvinced and then there's your posts on the signing, 'desperation' and 'signing anyone' are hardly indicators you think he will be any good........

So where do I say he won't be any good?

My comments do nothing other than indicate that based on previous Portuguese signings since Carlos took charge I'm unconvinced 

Edited by poite

27 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

He looks physically stronger than Sasso, taller than Pudil and fingers crossed he's less prone to injury than Loovens

20170815_234510.png

To be fair I look stronger than Sasso, I'm taller than Pudil & I'm less injury prone than Loovens.

However I'm also an overweight 62 year old with a hip replacement.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

sasso was ok and this bloke seems to have a better pedigree so looks like a decent replacement as back up centre back ........ for those mocking him as a unknown from portugese football  so was emerson thome and he didn't turn out to bad .

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox
3 minutes ago, mogbad said:

To be fair I look stronger than Sasso, I'm taller than Pudil & I'm less injury prone than Loovens.

However I'm also an overweight 62 year old with a hip replacement.

You'll do. When can you start?

2 hours ago, Almat said:

Let's not pre-judge. I mean, who had heard of Carlos and he's....oh wait. 

... has one of the best win records of any Sheffield Wednesday manager, and has had the team playing for promotion each year he's been here?

Happy to finish that one for you.

Just been looking through twitter at some of the reactions from Vitoria Setubal's fans:

Using google/twitter translator so bear with me...

This translates to: "Knowing that Venancio is leaving is gnd pain"

This = "I do not believe this"

This = "About the Venancio loan" (note the emoji's used, confusion and crying).

This = "Loaned Venancio" (Note the confused John Cena gif below this tweet)

This = "Venancio was the best center we had"

This = "I was sad about this from Venancio"

This = "Don't lend the best central victory nooooo" (The guy who replied to this tweet doesn't rate Venancio.)

A few more interesting ones:

This tweet.... Coucerio is Vitoria's manager, 'mau' roughly translates to bad/poor/evil (i think?)

The tweets below read as:

"I don't think it's by will of Couceiro, must have been the Club's direction decision, we know the financial power of English clubs".

"Yes very possible, the last-placed Premier League receives more than the Portuguese champion"

"What the clubs win in assistance and television rights are astronomical values, and unfortunately we haven't reached this level".

This tweet is something to do with loaning Lucas Joao? Translation is bobbar.

So with the evidence I've gathered I can conclude that I've just wasted about half an hour of my time...Now i remember why I stopped using twitter. :duntmatter::duntmatter:

Edited by Woozie
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

We've been in need of a proper CB for over a year now and all we have done is loaned Sasso and now this guy. 

Absolutely p!ss poor recruitment in the defensive areas considering how much we've spent on attacking players. 

This club needs a DoF.  And not a DoF buddy friend of the manager.

Looks a bit on the short side to me.  Might get bullied in the air.  Reckon the 6ft 5 lad from Lincoln would be a good bet alongside if we can get him cheap, plus looks like this guy plays right side CH?  Might be cover for Lees.

We need a 6ft 5 player defending our box but preferably not one who is supposed to be in the side for scoring goals!