North Stand Concourses

22 hours ago, sage owl said:

Never mind the pies they only removed real ale from the bar near the lep . That's me back to never going in early and never spending any money in the ground.

Give real ale back

I'm with you, I am considering a Brian the Blade style car park protest until it's reinstated

23 minutes ago, ChapOwlRich said:

Give real ale back

I'm with you, I am considering a Brian the Blade style car park protest until it's reinstated

He won't have good enough taste to appreciate it. Oldest chav in town is Bruno.

4 hours ago, Tudders said:

Not saying there isn't a problem with the catering. My point is that theres been constant negativity for the last few weeks and its soul-destroying people finding more stuff to moan about. Used to come on here/go to the match to escape the rat race but it's more depressing on here now than in 'real life'!! :duntmatter:

It's really not soul destroying. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

If the club don't give a flip - as has been suggested by some - then why have they replaced the horrible white shack at the back of the Kop? Why would they replaced a similar unit at the bottom of the North?

I suspect perhaps it's a bit of a teething issue for the start of the new season. Tthe guy looking after catering for the concourses is very much keen to improve things.

Instead of complaining anonymously on a forum, why not email/write/fax the club directly with your feedback and I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up. One or two managers can't be everywhere all the time. Better still contact DC - he's said his door is always open!

So we had the shack....it was alreet...pies and pump beer, bottles and tins. Now we have 2 shacks, in a mock-up of a school playground, just bottles and tins. Dunt take much to work out what's really needed, and it shouldn't involve Mr C. Hoping previous normal service is resumed soon. UTO.

Just now, MrsHall said:

So we had the shack....it was alreet...pies and pump beer, bottles and tins. Now we have 2 shacks, in a mock-up of a school playground, just bottles and tins. Dunt take much to work out what's really needed, and it shouldn't involve Mr C. Hoping previous normal service is resumed soon. UTO.

That shack had never served pies IIRC? But you're right - it's a school playground, but with a narrow entrance/exit. Why they didn't just tear the whole fence down is beyond me!

I'm very disappointed that the real ale has gone. The pale ale was nothing special but the bitter was cracking. 

We left the Barrack Tavern early on Saturday to have a pint in the ground (which we did regularly last season once they started selling the real ale). Instead we ended up with a bottle of warm Heineken for £4 each. 

Last night we didnt bother wasting our time and stayed in the Barrack Tavern until the last possible minute. 

There are so many breweries at Kelham Island and further around Sheffield that could supply the club too. Even the Wisewood Inn at Loxley is in the process of building their own brewery downstairs, with the first ales expected to be ready by October.