North Stand Concourses

Guest kelliesleftnut
1 hour ago, Tudders said:

The sheer negativity on here and aimed at the club in general is horrendous. It all started with the kit, then the lack of a new centre half and now people have moved onto the pies! If all people want to do is perpetually whinge, why bother? Why not just walk away from the game? 

First home game and things can only get better.

You would like to think that someone from the club would be touring the ground and monitoring these kiosks and not somebody who is being paid to run them, so hopefully they can only get better but don't hold your breath.

45 minutes ago, londonowl said:

Was at Nou Camp Barca vs Real on Sunday night. Queued half an hour for a "hot dog" and when I got to the front, 20 minutes before kick off, they weren't selling any more food because they had "run out of bread".

So, to sum up, we are just as good as Barcelona. 

I think this is a very valid point.

The point being don't by food in a sports stadium by your food and drink elsewhere.

Had a great experience in the Grand Stand for daughters first ever game on Saturday!

Obviously I'm lying.

The ' kids area'  would have the people living in Aleppo looking on in sympathy for a start, I'm not sure who at the club thinks it's a good idea to have a few dirty, broken games and heaps of rubbish lying round a kids area.

I had a pie. It probably would have tasted better if it was cooked, but never know. At least I got one which it seems is an achievement.

I went to the bar kiosk and asked for a pint of bitter, and a bitter shandy. The young lass looked at me blankly. She had to be told what 'bitter' was by her colleague. It was quite apparent that she had started that day, possibly at 1.00pm with no training. I did feel sorry for her, especially as it was a contactless payment bar and I strongly suspect most customers were making off without paying as she didn't seem to understand the system in any way shape or form.

So why use the catering at all? like someone earlier mentioned, you like to give them a chance, support the club. It does seem however, seeing as it's a farce season after season, that they just don't care and therefore neither should we as customers and go somewhere that does.

If the club don't give a flip - as has been suggested by some - then why have they replaced the horrible white shack at the back of the Kop? Why would they replaced a similar unit at the bottom of the North?

I suspect perhaps it's a bit of a teething issue for the start of the new season. Tthe guy looking after catering for the concourses is very much keen to improve things.

Instead of complaining anonymously on a forum, why not email/write/fax the club directly with your feedback and I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up. One or two managers can't be everywhere all the time. Better still contact DC - he's said his door is always open!

3 hours ago, 33 said:

I was chuffing starving and thought 'do you know what, I'll go and support the club and buy inside as they are now doing it'. That is on top of my three 3-yr season tickets.

If you think that on day 1 of the new home season that it is acceptable to have no hot food then fair enough.

We are being told the club needs financial resources but we don't order shirts in time so we miss out on a massive revenue influx in the summer and then at one of our traditionally highest gates we have no food.

Couldn't make it up.

But we get told they are successful at running businesses.

Would happily go and sort it out in my spare time and give them some clearly lacking advice although I know it wouldn't be appreciated.

This.

If we are sailing close to the wind regarding FFP and trying to flog plaques for £1,000's to help, why not at least get the bl**dy basics right to increase revenue - you know, like normal businesses do.

The attendance was lower than I expected at the weekend and yet the club still run out of food whilst there was plenty more demand for it.

26 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

If the club don't give a flip - as has been suggested by some - then why have they replaced the horrible white shack at the back of the Kop? Why would they replaced a similar unit at the bottom of the North?

I suspect perhaps it's a bit of a teething issue for the start of the new season. Tthe guy looking after catering for the concourses is very much keen to improve things.

Instead of complaining anonymously on a forum, why not email/write/fax the club directly with your feedback and I'm sure they'd appreciate the heads up. One or two managers can't be everywhere all the time. Better still contact DC - he's said his door is always open!

With all due respect, this sort of basic stuff has been a problem for Wednesday for years - and the club know about it. The club also has attendance data and sales data for every game - it doesn't take a maths genius to see our average home crowd is X and our average pie sales are Y, so let's order Z pies to maximise revenue.

Sometimes, because this sort of thing has been a problem since before Mr Chansiri arrived too, I sense that it's just easier to order the same number of products to sell every match day and jack up the prices for the food/drink/tickets/shirts/memberships/etc to make up the rest.

Edited by oh_weds_we_love_you

17 hours ago, edited said:

Its embarassing that its gone on for so long and still nothing has changed. Can't recall ever going to an away game and not being able to get any hot food

Preston away, first game of season they ran out of food!

Happens everywhere, just a shame, like people have said, we've had the problem a while.

Guest Deleted member
4 hours ago, Tudders said:

The sheer negativity on here and aimed at the club in general is horrendous. It all started with the kit, then the lack of a new centre half and now people have moved onto the pies! If all people want to do is perpetually whinge, why bother? Why not just walk away from the game? 

4 hours ago, Grandad said:

No problem at all getting a pie on the Kop before the game, went to one of the 4 contactless tills that had no queue, past the single cash till that was queuing all the way down the ramp 

Problem was the pie was crap. Dryer than a nuns chuff. No peas, no gravy. 

As tha gorowt moist???

3 bites and binned it.

Bring back Pukka

In light of Tudders post can I just say that I really like the new pies, love it that there are so few queues

16 minutes ago, oh_weds_we_love_you said:

With all due respect, this sort of basic stuff has been a problem for Wednesday for years - and the club know about it. The club also has attendance data and sales data for every game - it doesn't take a maths genius to see our average home crowd is X and our average pie sales are Y, so let's order Z pies to maximise revenue.

Sometimes, because this sort of thing has been a problem since before Mr Chansiri arrived too, I sense that it's just easier to order the same number of products to sell every match day and jack up the prices for the food/drink/tickets/shirts/memberships/etc to make up the rest.

Please forgive me. I am new to the Owls so am not aware of the full history.

It seems that Mr Chansiri wants to improve things, and if no one is telling him that the catering is pants then he's not going to fix it.

I would imagine that the club had sales data from every game, I just hope that someone is watching it an examining where things are low.

The staffing is another matter. I suspect most of these kids are employed on minimum wage for a few hours a week so are hardly inclined to make much effort in regards to customer service or speed 

8 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

It seems that Mr Chansiri wants to improve things, and if no one is telling him that the catering is pants then he's not going to fix it.

I would imagine that the club had sales data from every game, I just hope that someone is watching it an examining where things are low.

The staffing is another matter. I suspect most of these kids are employed on minimum wage for a few hours a week so are hardly inclined to make much effort in regards to customer service or speed 

Hi Joe lol

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, Grandad said:

In light of Tudders post can I just say that I really like the new pies, love it that there are so few queues

Not saying there isn't a problem with the catering. My point is that theres been constant negativity for the last few weeks and its soul-destroying people finding more stuff to moan about. Used to come on here/go to the match to escape the rat race but it's more depressing on here now than in 'real life'!! :duntmatter:

17 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Pretty sure catering has been mentioned directly to Mr Chansiri at, at least one, Steering Group Meeting, but of course we can continue to give feedback. The club also reads this forum, so I suspect someone at the club will see this thread.

As for staffing, the problem seems to be under-staffed rather than quality of staff (though I've experienced some who don't care previously). Proper supervision should see the quality get better, and quantity would see queues dealt with quicker. But I guess if there are no pies at half time, there is no point employing more catering staff!

Guest Deleted member

Can I just say regarding the staff.

I don't buy into the theory that there has been stealing going off. I think its more likely to be a genuine case of people giving more in change than was actually tendered in the first place.

4 hours ago, Togdiver said:

Has the club fallen out with "The only Relish in Sheffield" as there was a distinct lack of the big bottles in the South stand on Saturday.... I like it on my superior Quail pie...

None on the model I used on the North either. Mind you, pointless having it if there's no fekkin pies to put it on.

I know its really easy to use the contactless wotsit..saves all the addin' up..which used to cast abject fear upon the staff,..,.Which I find really disappointing cos it added to me matchday experience..but..All is not lost..

Ask for a f.ookin' receipt!..

.................you can smell the fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!