North Stand Concourses

Will there be any food this week or should I not bother trying to spend money with my club?

Absolute joke Saturday.

First game of season and no pies or other hot food.

One kiosk selling cold burgers.

You couldn't make it up 

First game.

Convince my lads NOT to eat outside as we do our own catering and will be contributing.

Mind you given the game I could have just done with some matchsticks

3 minutes ago, sage owl said:

Never mind the pies they only removed real ale from the bar near the lep . That's me back to never going in early and never spending any money in the ground.

Its mostly contactless on the Kop.....Which coincides with Breadless, chipless, burgerless and clueless

• Haha 7

I've never understood how the club get this so wrong,  I spent quite a few years in the hospitality trade so I do understand from the clubs point of view that it isn't easy to implement stuff like cask ales and the like , I can deal with the prices and I don't expect gourmet food or Michelin * service 

but to get the absolute basics completely wrong (like ordering enough stock) is beyond me ,  and it's been an issue over many years under different leaderships 

23 minutes ago, 33 said:

Will there be any food this week or should I not bother trying to spend money with my club?

Absolute joke Saturday.

First game of season and no pies or other hot food.

One kiosk selling cold burgers.

You couldn't make it up 

First game.

Convince my lads NOT to eat outside as we do our own catering and will be contributing.

Mind you given the game I could have just done with some matchsticks

Would you rather have Dave Allen back just so you can have a pie?

lol

21 minutes ago, 33 said:

There was nowt in the upper ones

At one of the upper concourse kiosks there was only one flavour of pie left at 2.30, no other hot food although luke warm would be a better description of the pies we bought. There seemed less staff on duty although to be consistent with previous seasons they were devoid of common sense & numeracy skills.

Got in the queue for a hot drink at half time. Queue had hardly moved after 10 mins, gave it up as a bad job, would probably have missed the equaliser if we'd stayed.

We keep being told that improvements will be made to the catering & match day experience. From my perspective I'm finding it difficult to see any improvement whatsoever.

Edited by mogbad

whats wrong with club not accepting cash? 1-2 been in tills according to chansiri ,but surely that will be small amount we would have lost but how much will club lose over season for not having cash allowed?. nothing ever seems to improve regarding catering at the club,many times they have nothing warm available at 345pm . surely we should over stock food than under stock . we buy in bulk so we by a pie at 40p and sell it at £3.60 surely buying 5000 pies at  40p =£2000 outlay  and selling them for £18000 = big profit , if we sold them all .if  only 4000 pies were sold and chuck 1000 that would still be £14400 club would get . so my point is how many pies and other warm food items could be sold at huge mark up at a game , I think anyone off street could run things better to be honest .

26 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

I've never understood how the club get this so wrong,  I spent quite a few years in the hospitality trade so I do understand from the clubs point of view that it isn't easy to implement stuff like cask ales and the like , I can deal with the prices and I don't expect gourmet food or Michelin * service 

but to get the absolute basics completely wrong (like ordering enough stock) is beyond me ,  and it's been an issue over many years under different leaderships 

Wentworth ale on Kop last season.....geeit back please Mr C.